I updated X (to version 5.2.3) on a website a little bit ago and it seems to have messed up the sizing and fonts on all of my headers. They are like 50 times larger and the colors changed. When I get back into Cornerstone editor, the fonts don’t even show as the font I used. The test space this is being built on right now is http://lubbockgraphics.com/test/lubbockaquarium. I’m going to mess with it on my end because I HAVE to have this site built by tomorrow morning and can’t wait for an answer, but I thought you guys should know that the update is doing this and rectify it asap, cause while this is happening on a site that I only have two pages currently built on, this could be catastrophic for much larger sites where someone updates it to version 5.2.3
EDIT: Quick fix. So if you used Cornerstone to edit the page if you open the editor and simply save the page it seems to fix it. Not sure if this works if you didn’t use Cornerstone or not.
Same deal here. Just launched my site today too. All of my headers are massive and changed color. Oddly enough they look fine when editing within Cornerstone but are definitely messed up on the live site.
So, as Jake mentioned above, when I go into Cornerstone, the sizing fixes itself after resaving, but the fonts are still defaulting to something basic. I have the font “Baloo” set as the Headings Font in the Customizer, but it looks like it’s using Open Sans (which is what I have set for the Body font). For example, check out that homepage link I gave you–in that one I went into Cornerstone and resaved it. The sizing and colors are fixed, but the font itself is incorrect. Now, go check out http://lubbockgraphics.com/test/lubbockaquarium/template-page. That is the one I haven’t resaved in Cornerstone. You can see that the font is correct for the Headlines, but the colors and sizing are all out of whack.
Can confirm saving changes on each page brings things back.
Header fonts are not carrying over properly when set in the customizer.
So I just tested something: if I add a new element for Classic Custom Headline, it shows the font correctly. If I add an element using the new version, Headline, it does exactly what I described above (defaulting to a different font). So it appears this has something to do with the new Headline function. Something in it is overriding the Customizer settings.
Ah, and I just noticed that if you change the body font in the Customizer, it changes the headline font. So the new Headline element appears to be tied to the body font rather than the Headings font.
Would you be willing to share login credentials in a secure note? If possible, I’d like to see how this is playing out on your site so I can get a clear idea of what’s going on. Thanks!
Thanks!
I think I see what’s going on here with the headlines. Because you’re using the V2 headline elements, the font is set directly on the element. If you edit it in the builder you’ll see that “Font Family” is set to “Inherit”. This is a CSS rule that means to use the font family of the closest parent element that defines one. In this case, it’s the body element.
To get the V2 headline element to use the correct font, you’ll need to assign it a font other than inherit. You can setup which fonts to use from Templates > Fonts (use the hamburger in the bar).
Alternatively, all the classic elements are still available and fully supported. You could just continue using “Classic Custom Headline” instead of the new “Headline” element.
That fixed it. Thanks!
Yeah–that seems to have worked, BUT I would question why this is necessary? Shouldn’t the fonts default to what was set up in the Customizer? If I want to change it after that, it’s cool to have the options to do so from several angles, but it seems like when I plop in a headline it should default to the heading font, or in other words, the Template settings should be defaulted to what was setup in the Customizer. Or are you saying that the Customizer is no longer the way to set up the fonts and it must be done from the Templates settings? If that’s the case, any sites that I’ve used the new builder elements on before this update will have to be fixed if I apply the new update. I guess what I’m saying is, I don’t mind using the Template settings to set fonts moving forward, but there is a window of several weeks where we were working on several websites with the new Cornerstone overhaul that, if we update the X license to this version, we’ll see the headings with the same issues as outlined above, which we would have to fix throughout all of those sites manually.
@promofuse, if you want to keep using it as you did before you can use the Classic Headline element. Nothing has changed there. Those elements will always be supported. Because of how V2 elements work and how they manage all their own styles, there are some discrepancies with how they respect global settings. We have some ideas on refining it, but regretfully it won’t be through the existing global settings. In the next major release you’ll have the ability to save a preset for an element. That will allow you to make styled headlines that you can reuse across your site with a few clicks. We’ve also discussed (once the template manager is done) a feature that will allow you to choose one of your presets to be the default state for new elements. That way you can import a collection of element styles you like working with and make that the initial state when you add a new element to the page.
To anyone experiencing the issue outlined above where the font sizes are really big please take a look at this article: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/fix-incorrect-headline-font-size/13175
Does not work… I’m now happilly replacing most of my title with Classic Headline. Well, I need to congratulate you for an other wonderful uptade.
@pfillionctm, Are you on Pro or X? Or is it still related to font sizes? And yes, you may use and continue using the classic elements.
Thanks!
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.