Update issues - Custom Menu

Hi, I’m having an issue with the menu since I updated to the latest version of pro. Everything was working great prior to the update :wink:

I’ve almost fixed my menu (after the update, it got messed up)… except I’m now left with a weird stripe on the “Resource” menu item when I visited my “Resource” page. The Resource tab, when on the page, should be all dark blue. There should not be the light blue on that menu item.

http://sarniamedicalgroup.com/ (please click on the Resources menu item to see the issue)

Can you please help me sort this out?

Thanks so much :relaxed:

Hi Tina,

The issue is a result of the CSS customization. We need to remove some of custom CSS that is added inside media query min-width:980px

See this detailed guide on which CSS to remove and there’s just 1 line margin-top to be added to negate position: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cq6vleu8wv

Hope this helps.

Oh my gosh, thank you SO MUCH! You’re awesome @Lely!!

One big problem now though, I’m noticing that my pages are corrupting after adjusting the headers. I’ve had to duplicate my header yesterday and reassign, and it looks like I’ll have to do it again and hope that solves the issue again.

So that you can see what I mean, I’ve left this for a short time (as the site is live!), so I’m hoping you can please take a look and see why this is happening. Please check out the homepage on a desktop with a wide browser…and then slowly scale it to a narrower browser/device size… it’s losing the styles for some reason.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

Hello Tina,

I have checked your site and I am seeing this:

Is your issue resolved already? Please let us know how it goes.

The menu is fine now, but doing the CSS fixes has messaged up the pages for some reason. If you scale the browser window narrow (from desktop to device size), you’ll see it messes up my home page. Please check it out and let me know :blush:

Thanks,
T

Hello Tina,

Thanks for the updates. I have resized my browser and this is what I am seeing:

Can you please send us a screenshot?

Cheers.

Hi @RueNel, please look below the header, at the actual page.

After working on the headers, the pages corrupt. ALL of the pages are messed up now when the screen is narrowed (to device size).

I’ve already had to duplicate a header and reassign the header in order to get my pages working again. Wondering if there’s a glitch from the update.

Please help :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi Tina,

Sorry that you’re having that issue, that is a CSS issue, you might have remove something that you should not when you try to fix the “Resource” menu item. Please check all your custom CSS on Theme Options > CSS, Page > CSS, Header CSS, and Element CSS area (if any). You can use this tool here for checking your custom CSS.

If you’re having trouble addressing the CSS errors, please provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Thanks,

1 Like

Hi @friech, the Lint thing is pretty cool, thank you! It told me there was an error in line 30. There’s literally no code on line 30, so I was a little confused at first. I tried a closed bracket } and that solved the issue!

Thank you so much!! :relaxed:

You’re more than welcome, glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.