Update Issue: Active Theme Broken - Stylesheet is missing

Pro 2.0.2 updating to 2.0.4.
Click update in Appearance > Themes
Get error on update
Maintenance mode activates with .maintenance file
Delete file
Message in Appearance > Themes “The active theme is broken. Reverting to the default theme.”

At the bottom of Appearance > Themes is the message “Broken Themes, the following themes are installed but incomplete”

“Pro: Stylesheet is missing”

Please advise.

Resolved, see below

Update: While I don’t know why the issue happened, upon exploring FTP for the pro theme it became obvious that the core theme files were deleted during the automatic update. The only items left in the folder were bbpress, buddypress, and cornerstone. All other files were deleted.

The solution was to upload a fresh install of the pro theme and activate in the WP backend.

Since I was using a child theme, I took minimal losses. If you happen upon this error and are using a non-pro footer, double check it because I lost some changes there.

Hi There,

Thanks for the confirmation!
We are really sorry that you came across this issue, this is something a rare issue happened to you.
We are glad that it has been resolved. We encourage each and every one to use the child theme for any kind of customization to avoid damage in an update.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.