Update is breaking styles on sites

Every time you push out an update it breaks the styles on my sites. How can I prevent auto updates from happening to avoid this issue?

Hello @mikeburke4,

Thanks for writing to us.

It generally happens due to cache or custom JS/CSS code. Please ensure that you have purged all the cache so the latest code renders properly.

If it doesn’t work, we need to check your settings, I would request please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details
  • WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • Exact layout URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello @mikeburke4,

I checked your site and it is working fine on my end, it seems that there might be an issue with the server cache I would suggest you please purge all the server-side cache and check it. Please note it is a good practice to purge all the cache when you update the theme, plugin, and WordPress core so that the latest code renders properly.

Thanks

I tried that over and over again, its still happening. I use Cornerstone on 25 sites, and this only affects two of them. Something is unique about these sites.

Is there a way to automatically purge the Cornerstone Cache every morning?

Hey @mikeburke4,

This is my first time checking your site. I do not see any style issues on the homepage or any other page. Could it be that the issue is your browser? Please try using MS Edge or Brave browser aside from your default browser. If it still happens, kindly take a screenshot and send that screenshot to us.

Thank you.

@mikeburke4 when I encounter an issue like this I usually append ‘?x=233r245234523’ to the web address of whatever I’m working on as a cache buster. The trick here is to make the browser think the url has changed and needs to load the page from server and not cache.

Hey @brocknessmonster,

Thanks for chiming in!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.