Update from x 2.5.1

Hi Apex
I have a website http://janemoss.com/ that has version 2.5.1 of x. I have tried adding the license key but it doesn’t seem to work for then using automatic updates, perhaps it is too old?

Anyway, I have updated to the latest version of wordpress and all the plugins and all seems well with the site.

Do I need to update the theme or will it be ok?

If I need to update, how do I do it? I tried deleting the folder ‘x’ and replacing with the new one but it broke the site.

Thanks

Tamsin

Hi Tasmin,

This is a fairly old version of X. For good maintenance of your website and to avoid problems we recommend that you keep your website always updates to the latest version or at least do not leave such a gap between the updates.

At this time you will need to perform a manual update, since this is a very big version jump it is possible that some issues occur, if that happens, reach us so we can guide you, in any case, we do recommend you perform a backup before this process.

  1. Revoke your URL from your Themeco License page and re-assign.

https://theme.co/apex/licenses

  1. Temporary disable any caching plugins and purge all your server cache.

  2. Delete both X theme (/wp-content/themes/x) and Cornerstone plugin (/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone) by connecting to your FTP (your settings will be saved in the database)

  3. Download the latest copy of X and upload it to your themes folder via FTP OR you can upload the x.zip via Appearance -> Themes section.

  4. Latest version of Cornerstone will be installed automatically when you head over WP Admin > X section. Now you try validating your X theme again.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Hi. I have tried it a few ways but it breaks the way the header and nav are set up with my custom css. I would have to recreate it and it will take too long. For now it works with up to date wordpress and plugins and keeping the x theme version as is. So I will leave it like that until we need to recreate it.
Thanks
Tamsin

Hi Tamsin,

I’d recommend you test in a staging server so your live site stays operational. After you’ve sorted all out in staging, you can replicate the steps you took to your live site.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.