Update broke my site

I am testing the new X update/cornerstone/slider revolution on staging. My Revolution slider broke, my youtube embed does not show and my shortcode for a button also broke. Weird thing is that in preview mode everything looks perfect. But in live mode, it doesn’t.

http://staging.texasbestfence.flywheelsites.com/

Screenshots are on this link,

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hkCFa4A5GdYehXHLPKoXcBE6zxSsWRAu?usp=sharing

Hi @social180,

Thank you for writing in, but we can’t view the site it requires authentication. In the meantime, please make sure you running the latest versions, Pro 3.0.1 or X 7.0.1 & Cornerstone 4.0.1, also make sure your Wordpress version is latest 5.2.3

Updating Your Themes and Plugins
Updating WordPress

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Cheers!

Hi I did all that and still nothing. I can give you access to look into the site.
I added it to the secure note

Same issue here, amongst others. Youtube videos no longer work as a background either, but are displaying in Cornerstone.

These last few updates have been nothing but trouble :unamused:

Hello XXIIBrands,

Your issue is caused by WP Rocket. After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches since you are using WP Rocket so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

This links might help:

You must also regenerate the minified CSS and JS files. The CDN cache must be cleared too.

@Gingerfizz_Marketing:
I am not sure if you are using WP Rocket. In most cases, the issue is because of the minified CSS and JS being served by the server and not from the latest update that you just did.

Hope this helps.

Hi @RueNel,
No, I’m not using WPRocket & have spent the day testing a clients site to work out what the issue is with no joy. I think you’re wrong - WPRocket seems to be a stock answer, regardless of what people are running.

I’ve opened another support query which details all the problems that the update has caused & all the attempts I’ve made to fix it (based on all the many, many threads documenting the same problems).

It seems like this update was rolled out without being tested thoroughly & that is not a good thing.

Hi @Gingerfizz_Marketing,

Ruenel suggested the issue with WP Rocket to another user which is using it and made it clear that he is not sure if you are using it since there is no way for us to check your website since you did not provide further details. It was just suggestion that you could look into in case you are actually using WP Rocket.

Since you mentioned that you aren’t, kindly make sure that you have X and Cornerstone updated to the latest version. We’ve seen some cases of either Cornerstone or X being updated, but not both which causes an incompatibility issue.

In case you have X and Cornerstone updated to the latest version but the issue persists, kindly post a new thread and please provide us with the admin access to your site in a Secure Note:

Thank you, WP Rocket was the issue. After I deactivated it and reactivated it then my problems went away.

Glad to hear it’s working for you now!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.