Update Breaks My Site

Hi,

Whenever I updated my theme from X to Pro, it broke my site. I restored my site to a backup version and tried just updating Cornerstone but that broke it too.

The error I get when I go to try to edit a page is, “The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.”

I have no cacheing plugins, I tried flushing the site’s cache, and I don’t see any plugins that would have “conflicts”.

I’m doing all of this in staging mode. The staging version of my site is http://staging.cheap-star.flywheelsites.com/. The username is flywheel and the password is awful-spade (I don’t come up with the passwords).

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I am suspecting that there is a fatal error as soon as you update the theme. Please make sure that you meet with the WordPress requirements which you can find it here: https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

If everything is in place, I would recommend that you enable the debug mode. You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the page, you should have some error output describing the issue in more detail. You can then post the error message in your next reply.

PS:
We cannot do further investigation because the user credentials you have given has a very limited privileges.

Please let us know how it goes.

I added that code and I’m still not seeing error messages.

Here is a screenshot of what I see…

Hello There,

We cannot investigate the issue in your site because the given user credentials has a very limited privilege. Could you please change tot role as an Administrator so that we can fully test the theme and the content editor?

Meanwhile, if you have a caching plugin or a minify plugin, please clear the caches and temporarily disable the plugin at the moment. In most cases, it is serving a cache version of the X theme and not the latest one from the Pro theme.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Sorry for delayed reply. I just now was able to get my wp_debug to display error logs.

Below is a screenshot of the errors I’m getting. This is after updating all my plugins and X Theme. This is the old version of X, not Pro. I’d like to do Pro, but I’d like to fix this problem first.

Hello There,

Did you change the WP access? We cannot no longer log in.

I saw a deleted post reply. Is the issue resolved or still on going?

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.