Update 6.1.2 cannot edit pages

Since updating to 6.1.2 I cannot drag and drop elements or edit pages in cornerstone. I am using Xtheme. I maintain 20 websites for clients and only 2 are working with the new update. I had to reinstall 5.1.5 in order to make any edits. Can you help? Thank you

Hello @GailRob01,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of version compatibility. Please make sure your theme, plugins, WordPress, and PHP version is updated as per our version compatibility page. I would suggest you please purge all the cache. I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

opps see note

Hello @GailRob01,

You are using the Classic element. You need to Cornerstone > Settings > Permissions > Elements and must enable “All Classic Elements”.

If you are using the Classic Section, Classic Row, and Classic Column, you may not be able to drag and drop elements. We recommend that you edit the page and use the new Section, Row and Columns as your containers.

Best Regards.

Does that mean I would have to redo all my 20 websites? They are all built using classic sections, etc. Can you let me know how to do that without having to rebuild all of them???

Hi @GailRob01,

You don’t need to rebuild the websites, as explained by my colleague please enable the Classic Element option from Cornerstone > Permission > Elements, to get it work.

Thanks

Opps! 1234

Hello @GailRob01,

I checked your site it seems that the classic element is working fine on my end. It might be the issue with the browser cache I would suggest you please clear your browser cache and then check it again. I would also please go to the Cornerstone > Settings> Clear System Cache

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hello again and thank you,
I cleared all caches. Yes, the classic elements are visible, and I can edit any of the elements that are already on the page but I cannot add any new elements or move any of the elements that already exist on the page to another place on the page. What am I missing? ??? Is this going to be possible with the new update?

Hello @GailRob01,

Did you change the password already? All of the given credentials no longer work for me. I wanted to investigate the issue further. Would you mind providing the updated credentials?

Thank you in advance.

Yes, I will send you new access along with one of my sites that are similar that actually works fine with the update. I spent most of the am comparing the two to see if I could find out what the problem is. I need secure access.

Hello @GailRob01,

You are using Classic containers which consist of the Classic Section, Classic Row, and Classic Columns. If you have these, you won’t be able to drag and drop elements in the builder. What you can do is go to the Layout tab and see the Skeleton structure of the elements like this:

Click on the container and you will see the “+” icon. This will allow you to add an element to that container.

If you want to relocate an element to a particular Classic Container, you can again go to the Layout tab and expand the Classic containers. Select which element you want to relocate or move to a new container by clicking on it. Drag it to which container you want. You will know when and where you drop the element because there is a red line that will serve as an indicator.

And if ever you just prefer to add, click and drag elements within the builder preview, it is best that you recreate the section from scratch and this time use the new Section, Row, and Column containers.

Best Regards.

Thank you. Using the layout workaround will allow me to edit and update however, it is also time consuming and not very user friendly. If my understanding is correct and I don’t want to continue editing in this workaround way, I will essentially have to rebuild these sites by manually converting every classic container. I built at least half of the 20 websites I maintain for clients when classic containers were the only option!

Is there an improvement being worked on to globally migrate all classic (v1) containers/elements to become compatible with drag and drop functionality? Again, Thank you for all your help.!

Hello I’m having the same issue. my pages are not loading for editing in cornerstone after the update. I have already tried the fixes proposed and disable all plugin. Please help.

Hi @shorabc,

I would suggest you create a new thread and share the admin credentials in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.