Unwanted white space at top of every page

Hi,

I was looking through the topics here and found this same issue (unwanted whitespace at top of page and/or above nav) and one solution you listed was to purge caches, which I did, but the white space still remains.

I also saw that you say this white space is set in global css in theme settings, but I am not finding where to access global css.

Could you please provide a solution for the white space occuring above the nav on this page:

and also this page:

and pretty much any page on this site.

Thanks,
Kaliko

Hey Kaliko,

Thanks for writing in! I have inspected the page and it seems that the whitespace is coming from a code or plugin that generates code injected into the header of the page. I am not sure which one though. We would love to check it if you can provide us with your WP Admins details. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hey Kaliko,

Thanks for sharing your credentials, I was able to navigate the issue properly. The white space above the header is an image.

And this image was generated using the WPCode Lite plugin. Upon checking the settings of the said plugin, it is unused on your website. That being said, I highly suggest deleting that plugin and it will resolve your issue.

Hope that helps.

Hi,

Thank you but you are incorrect in that the WPCode Lite plug in is not being used. It is activated, and since I am just the designer and not the owner of the site I don’t know who installed that plugin nor am I in a position to deactivate it.

Also, could you please look at the page I provided in my secure note above? It has no header assigned, is not using the WPCode Lite plugin, yet still has the same issue.

Given that there are so many other people having this same issue of the white space on top, and that you have provided snippets of css code for the solution in more than one topic, I have to believe that this issue is native to ThemeCo and is not related to a plug-in.

Again, could you please look at the page I provided in my secure note and let me know why this issue is happening on that page?

Thank you,
Kaliko

Hi Kaliko,

I double checked your site and indeed the issue is happening because of the code added in the WPCode Lite plugin (See screenshot in secure note). I checked your page you shared in secure note and you’ll see in the screenshot that WPCode Lite is in use on the given page. The issue goes away when deactivating the said plugin.

To resolve this, either remove the code snippets from the plugin or deactivate the plugin entirely. To deactivate a plugin, go to WP Admin > Plugins find WPCode Lite and click on Deactivate and you’ll see no extra space then.

Hope this explains!

Yes, perfect, thank you! I’m just looking for what to tell the client and apparently they installed this plugin so I will let them know that is why this is happening.

Thanks,
Kaliko

Glad that we could be of help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.