Under Construction plugin password entry has no effect

The Under Construction plugin has been enabled for https://next-top-boss.co.uk but entering the designated password and clicking ‘login’ appears to have no effect. With the password entered correctly, clicking ‘login’ makes the dialogue box disappear but the holding page doesn’t advance to the site.

Can you please let me know what’s going wrong here?

Hi @paulcarpenterfilms,

Thanks for reaching out.
I have checked your website and found that the X theme is already updated, whereas the Cornerstone is still in the older version. The problem you are facing might be due to that.
I would suggest you update the Cornerstone by following the below steps if you have already updated the X to its latest version.

1. Delete the existing Cornerstone
  2. After that use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone. It will be on the latest version

Update: After few refresh your site start loading.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi,

I followed your instructions but it hasn’t made any difference. I am now running Cornerstone 7.5.7 and everything else has been updated.

Thanks

Hey @paulcarpenterfilms,

I’ve checked our under-construction plugin, and it is working fine on my end. However, there could be code or plugins that affect its functionality. I highly recommend checking our troubleshooting procedures.

If none of that helps, please provide the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Hope that helps.

Ok, the answer to this issue is that X’s ‘Under Construction’ plugin is incompatible with ‘IONOS Performance,’ which is a default plugin installed with any IONOS WordPress installation. That’s a shame…

Hi @paulcarpenterfilms,

Unfortunately, the said plugin is a 3rd Party plugin and we are not aware of it. I would suggest you contact the the Plugin Author or provider to check, and let us know the feedback.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.