Under construction password not working after Pro update

I need to proof a site out to a client, and we’ve been using the password so she can see her site live.

Any chance of a fix in the next few hours? :sweat_smile:

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi Tina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I tested the under construction extension on my local setup with default settings and the bypass password seems to be working fine. Please make sure everything is updated (theme + extensions). You can also check for the following too:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/docs/version-compatibility. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/docs/product-updates for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the issue persists then please get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks!

Thank you for checking in on this @nabeel! I’m glad to hear it’s working on your end. There’s no caching plugin in use.

I emptied my web browser cache, disabled the Under Construction, and even deactivated the plugin …and it still showed the Under Construction page when I refreshed my browser. I’ve re-activated the plugin anyway. Are you able to login to salusmanagement.ca? Password: “temporary.”

If you’re able to view the site, then maybe something is up with caching on the server.

Two days ago, I was able to preview the home page from the Cornerstone editing area… but today, it no longer works. I have no way to preview the home page, other than in the editing area. Something is weird.

(No plugin conflict)

Hey Tina,

I’ve also tried to use the under construction plugin using my local test and it is working the same as my colleague, there could be something off with your setup because when I tried to visit your website and enter the password, I still see the under construction page. That being said, we would like to check and investigate the issue on your website since you are done with the troubleshooting, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Secure note added above :slight_smile: Thanks so much for looking into this!

Hello Tina,

I have made several tests on my local working environment. I could not replicate the issue. The Under Construction 2.1.5 version is working on my Pro theme 6.3.1 version. Can you please do the manual update in your site as well?

Kindly let us know how it goes.

My client is ready to launch, so I’m going to remove the Under Construction plugin anyway. While using the plugin, I’ve already had to manually update Pro not too long ago (when Wordpress did something which caused loop issues with some themes, and Pro was one of them). Maybe something happened at that point…? Or perhaps it’s my server…? Thank you for your time in helping to troubleshoot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Tina,

In that case you can try re-installing the WordPress, this may resolve your issue. Glad that we could be of a help.

Thanks!

1 Like

It might be memcached. It’s not reflecting changes I make to the site. I’m not sure how to empty it, so I’ll have to keep searching for answers. Thank you.

Hi Tina,

You are most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.