Under Construction Extension Breaks Site

Hi,

When I enable the Under Construction Extension on my website the site breaks.
I have to delete the plugin via FTP to be able to access the site again.
I tried disabling all the other plugins to no avail.
Surely it shouldn’t have a conflict with the X theme as it’s bundled in.

Please advise…

Cheers,
Hasan

Hello @hkayali,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I just installed and activated under construction plugin from X > Overview > Extensions and it seems to be working absolutely fine. Can you please check following screenshots. https://screencast.com/t/m9plaqXQMLJ

https://screencast.com/t/Etsev4cai

Thanks.

Hi Prasant,

Thank you for your reply.
The page you see is a revolution slider slide that I set up as an under construction page.
As a matter of fact the site is now broken after activating the Under Construction extension.

Please advise.

Hi There,

Like Prasant, I was able to install and activate the Under Construction extension without issue (see screenshot below).

Though it seems your site is running an existing Under Construction page, maybe a server-side? I see the slider that you created as the Under Construction page. But this one (see screenshot) definitely not a slider.

Maybe its a conflict between your existing Under Construction page and our Under Construction extension, but again I did not encounter the issue. You might want to contact your hosting, they may know what is happening there as they have an overview of things.

Thanks,

Hi Friech

I had to use another maintenance extension because my client was complaining the website isn’t behind an Under Construction page.
Please find the problem on the staging website http://e60.6f8.myftpupload.com.
When I activate the Under Construction extension bundled with X Theme the site crashes. I disabled all other plugins to check for conflict. Still the problem prevailed.

Hi there,

Thank you for providing the information I checked the case and after activation of the plugin and then logging out the error is this:

I am not sure why the 413 error is thrown it is not the case on my 3 local and 2 live installations. Kindly contact your hosting service provider and ask them regarding the 413 error.

Meanwhile, I suggest that you use a 3rd party plugin for the Under Construction functionality on your current server.

Thank you.

It works on multiple other websites with the same hosting and same environment.
Such as this one https://e-go.ae/.

Can you tell us the setup difference between e-go.ae (your working site) nffpm.ae (the site with issue). What plugins are installed in one site and what’s not in the other site? Do they have the same htaccess setup? Are there any difference in functions.php? The more details you can give us the better.

Thank you for your cooperation.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.