Under Construction - "By pass password" not working

Hey there,

I want to give special users access to my page which is “locked” by your extension “Under Construction”
I have set a passwort in the settings field “By pass password”.
The iocon appears on the site but it does not work. Clicking on it has no effect.

Btw. I am using Modern Eventc Calendar. I have read that there was an issue with this both plugins one year ago. But I think this bug might be fixed in this log time.

Please help me out.
Thank you so much!

Cheers
Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for reaching out.

The cause of the issue is the Modern Events calendar plugin and it triggers javascript issue. I recommend disabling that to disable the errors it’s triggering, the under constructions script is affected by it.

Thanks!

Hey Rad,

thank you for your fast reply. :slight_smile:
Unfortunately I would prefer not to disable the MEC because it is a big part of the website, the customer wants to see.
But if there is no solution I might live with that.

Kind regards
Alex

Hi Alex,

Sorry that you’re having that issue but we cant mark this as a bug for now as I can’t replicate the issue on my dev site. I can’t log in with the credentials you provided now, please make sure you’re all up to date.

• Wordpress 5.3
  • X 7.1.1
  • Cornerstone 4.1.1
  • Modern Events Calendar 4.8.3
  • Under Construction 2.0.5

Updating WordPress
Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hey there,

thanks for your reply. Now you can log in and check my site.

Cheers
Alex

Hi Alex,

I can see under construction bypass password is nw working. MEC is currently not active. You have MEC version 4.8.3. On a staging site, please try to downgrade to a version compatible with the theme. Check the issue again after downgrade. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.