[RESOLVED] Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token U in JSON at position 0 - The Grid

Help please

• I am trying to edit the Grid skin - but there is an error on the skin builder page - which I am having issues with.
  • this is causing the page to crash / no responsive to clicks - therefore cannot edit The Grid skins.

Error is :

admin.php?page=the_grid_skins_overview:1 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token u in JSON at position 0
    at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)
    at Function.n.parseJSON (jquery.js:4)
    at admin-ajax.js:874
    at admin-ajax.js:1965

I have turned of all hosting caching - cleared all local browser cache
I also deleted The Grid Plugin (after exporting my grids for backup) then reisntalled from X admin page.

Still error occurs
I checked with wordfence to check for any errors / editing of plugin files - didn’t find any

Is there anything else you can suggest I look at before I look for plugin conflict ?

Many thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for reaching out.

There could be a plugin or custom code that affects The Grid plugin.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

thanks @marc_a

ok, I have fixed it, but not sure how.

Seems to be bug in the website / theme / plugins.

Cannot test theme conflict - as without X theme - grid skin builder not available - without licence.

Therefore switch to base X theme - not my child theme.

Hey preston - Skins editor now working.

So issue lies in my child theme.

1. Check for error in my functions.php
	a. Checked PHP for Syntax Error - no errors
	b. Replace with blank functions.php - Error is not there - I can edit skins
	c. Replace with my original functions.php - now error is not there ? - strange ???

So really confused now ??? seemed to be error in my child theme - but when I switched out functions.php and put back error now not there.

Thanks - all working now.

Hi Mark,

Great that working now.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.