I changed this lower background to video using an uploaded mp4 file but it doesnt load

Hi There,
Please confirm you are fully updated. If the issue persists, please provide the link of the video you are using so we can test on our end.
Thanks.
Yes I’m using 1.2.7
I don’t have any third party plugins activated
the site is http://wordpress-39810-405269.cloudwaysapps.com/
video is http://wordpress-39810-405269.cloudwaysapps.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/503217093.mp4
which I uploaded as a test.
Hey @triadanet,
I checked and the background video works. See https://youtu.be/bAaYmIi-Kh8
Please clear your browser cache then test again.
Thanks.
I don’t understand. I tried several browsers. it works in IE and Edge, but does not work in Firefox and Chrome, even after cache clearing or running in incognito mode.
oddly enough, I used a remote desktop on another system and Chrome worked fine.
Hi There,
I viewed your site on Chrome, Firefox, and IE and all 3 plays the video background.
Is there a chance that your computer/laptop is a touch-screen? Any touch-screen device will be treated as mobile, we can check if this is true in your case if you add a Poster Image, and if that Poster Image shows up instead of the video.
Video backgrounds are always going to show the poster image on touch screens. Unfortunately, there’s really no good way of detecting a mobile device and differentiating it from a hybrid device, so we have to lean on the side of caution and say that any touch screen will get the fallback image for performance and device constraint reasons.
Thanks,
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.