Unable to use cornerstone to edit website

Hi there,

I just tried to edit an older website developed using Cornerstone. However when I try to edit the pages the cornerstone option doesn’t appear. There are multiple web editors on this site. I’m wondering if someone has tried to edit the site in wp, outside of cornerstone and that has compromised the site. Would you be able to look at the site and see if you can suggest how to rectify it so we can continue to edit in cornerstone? The site is: www.deltaacademies.ca. It is currently running version 5.2.5

Thanks, Adrienne

Hello Adrienne,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

As of now looking at the source code and files using dev tools I see only Cornerstone as the sole page builder tool. Can you please confirm again? May be try clearing browser cache and try loading again. If option to edit the page using Cornerstone don’t show up, please share login details in a secure note.

Thanks.

Hi There,

Thank you for the login credentials, I am seeing 500 (Internal Server Error) when I try to open the Cornerstone on your site, did you downgrade the PHP version recently? Or maybe some changes happened on the server-side? I am seeing your PHP version is v5.4.45, Wordpress recommends v4.6 or higher, please update your PHP version, you can contact your host to assist you on this.

If updating PHP version does not work, please provide us FTP credentials on a secure note.

Cheers!

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I’ve updated the site to PHP v5.6, as well as increasing the PHP execution time, memory limit and upload file size. I can increase the PHP version to v7.0 if that helps. The host checked the error log on their side and there haven’t been any errors generated since Jan 2017 that they can see. Unfortunately, when I log onto the website I still don’t get the option to edit the site using cornerstone. I will send you a secure note with the FTP credentials.

Thanks, Adrienne

Hey Adrienne,

Thanks for updating in!

I was able to edit some pages in Cornerstone. One of those is this page:

You will know if the page can be editable in Cornerstone because “Edit in Cornerstone” is available in the WordPress Admin bar.

If you have accidentally switched between editors and saved the page, you won’t be able to edit it in Cornerstone just like this:

Switching back to the Cornerstone tab maybe possible but any changes you may have added will not be displayed in Cornerstone. Only the last known updates made in Cornerstone will be displayed in the Cornerstone preview editor.

Hope this helps.

Thank-you! So helpful. It looks like I’ve gotten most of it back up and working in cornerstone. Thanks again for all your help!

You’re welcome. Glad we could help.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.