Unable to upload media

Hi,

I’m unable to upload new media on my website. I checked my server and it’s not a storage space issue. I don’t see any error message. The blue strip loads and stays there :frowning: Please see screenshot.

Can you help, please?

[Update]: I now see the error, “The server cannot process the image. This can happen if the server is busy or does not have enough resources to complete the task. Uploading a smaller image may help. Suggested maximum size is 2560 pixels.”

Many thanks.

Hello @ramyasriram1,

Thanks for writing to us.

It seems that there might be an issue of file permission issue of the uploads directory. I would suggest you check for the permission of the wp-content/uploads directory.

I would also suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi Prakash,

Thank you for your message. I tried everything and unfortunately it didn’t work.

I’ve sent you my details using the Secure Note.

Looking forward to your support.

Many thanks,
Ramya

Hello Ramya,

What type of file you were trying to upload? I have created a test p[age and uploaded a few images. I did not encounter any issues at all.

Please see the secure note below.

Best Regards.

Hi Ruenel,

Many thanks for this. I was able to upload a few images today with no issues. But after a while, I couldn’t upload more files. I also see a “Unexpected response from server” message in the media uploader. Screenshots below.

I’m using JPG files, one with dimensions 4608 x 3456 px and the other 2048 x 1536. Both below 2 MB.

I tried a different browser but no luck so far :frowning:

Can you try uploading larger files please?
[Update] I see this error below now.

What do you suggest?

Many thanks,
Ramya

Hello @ramyasriram1,

I checked your site it seems that media upload is working fine at my end. I have checked your site on the Google Chrome version 98.0.4758.102. Please make sure you have not installed any browser extension at your end. Please let us know which browser you are using?

Thanks

Hi Prakash,

After testing on different devices, it turns out that the problem was specific to my computer.
After reading this: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/no-image-upload-from-specific-computer/?

I turned off my anti-virus BitDefender and now the image upload works.

I’ve had BitDefender on my computer for years and it’s the first time I’ve faced this issue :frowning:

Many thanks for your support.

Kind regards,
Ramya

Hey Ramya,

You are most welcome. It is good to know that you have figured out the cause of the issue. Please feel free to create another thread if you need any other help.

Cheers,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.