Unable to upload any new media (just shows grey thumbnail)

Hi,

Since the x theme update I can’t add any new media files, when I upload they just appear as blank grey thumbnails and show as blank when trying to use them on rev slider, envira gallery etc.

Previously added media is still working fine, anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Ariane

Hi,

Resolved this, if anyone else has the same issue I followed these steps:

Step 1: Log into your admin panel.

Step 2: Go to Settings > Media

Step 3: In the first writable field (Store uploads in this folder) it will state that the Default is wp-content/uploads but, it will not register this as “True”.

Step 4: Type “wp-content/uploads” within the field. (Also, make sure that “Full URL path to files” is blank.)

Step 5: Click, Save Changes. Now test to see if your Media Library is now functioning.

Thanks,
Ariane

Hi Ariane,

Glad to hear that and thanks for sharing the steps.

Have a nice day!