Unable to update cornerstone

Hi I have been running X for a while now and have updated X to the latest version however cornerstone won’t update to the latest version it wants validation. However I have checked all X theme licence keys and they are all valid. Can you please help. Thanks

I have managed to update everything, I have installed the theme as pro , so now cornerstone is pro. however I still cannot edit a page. Please help

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! For the Pro theme, you don’t need Cornerstone installed. Make sure to delete Cornerstone plugin to avoid any conflicts.

To check your issue, we may require your login credentials. Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password

Thanks!

Hi I have deleted cornerstone, and I still have the same issue, pro is just hanging there. Is there anything else I can do?

Hi There,

Please check for the following.

  • Make sure your PHP version is at least v5.6.x or later.
  • Try disabling your 3rd party plugins.

You can try increasing your memory by editing wp-config.php file in the root of your WordPress installation.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it just before the following line:

/* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi I have done all of this. I have set up a new test site and added my plugins and they all work. THe problem has got to be related to the fact that I was on the X theme running an old version of cornerstone, and with the update the site doesn’t like it

It is a large multisite, with most of the content produced in the cornerstone template.

Hello There,

Since you are using Multi site, you will have to update the plugin in My Sites > Dashboard > Updates. The best way to update X in multisite set up is to do it manually to avoid any issues. You can download the X latest version from your dashboard (https://theme.co/apex/dashboard) and unzip the file. Login to your ftp and go to wp-content/themes/x/ and upload overwriting all the files.

If you already have the latest version of X, updating cornerstone can be done by simply deactivating cornerstone and delete the old plugin. Go to X > Overview and the latest version of Cornerstone gets automatically installed.

Hope this helps.