Unable to turn off slider on Home page

Hi, I’m looking for some help after I converted from X to Pro. For some season I’m having trouble turning off the Slider on the Home page. I can see from the code that its the slider below that is showing up. However when I try to edit the page I get a blank screen. The only way to edit the page content is with Pro, nothing else works.
As far as I know I can’t get to the slider controls on the edit page screen from within any of the Pro builders.
So can someone tell me how to access these controls?
Cheers
David

Hello @davidwdesign,

Thanks for writing to us.

I tried to access your site but the given site is not accessible at my end due to your security plugin. I would suggest you disable the security plugin and let us know.

In case if you have set the slider from the Page setting, you need to go to the Pages—>click on Edit—>Go to Page settings —>Check for the slider settings from here and deactivate it.

In case if you have set the slide from the Page Builder you can simply delete that section.

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to take a look. My problem is not so much where on the page edit screen I turn off the slider, but rather when I click on edit page the screen goes blank. So changing the dropdown is not really an option.
What I wanted to know was other than changing my theme to another, then making the change and changing back I can’t think how I can turn it off.
If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
Cheers
David

Hello David,

Usually, when the screen goes blank, there is a fatal error. You may have exhausted your PHP memory limit or it could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

Testing for Plugin Conflict
Theme Update
Child Theme
CSS/JS Customization
Increasing PHP Memory Limit

If after trying all of the above things you are still experiencing problems, please reply below, including login details to your site in a secure note, so that we can investigate further. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi Ruenel,
So I turned off all my plugins but could not make the error go away. Then I got this email from my website:

"Howdy!

Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with your theme, Pro.

First, visit your website (https://xxxx.xxxxxxxx.com/) and check for any visible issues. Next, visit the page where the error was caught (https://xxxx.xxxxxxxx.com/our_children_first/wp-admin/post.php?post=206&action=edit) and check for any visible issues.

Please contact your host for assistance with investigating this issue further.

If your site appears broken and you can’t access your dashboard normally, WordPress now has a special “recovery mode”. This lets you safely login to your dashboard and investigate further.

https://xxxx.xxxxxxxx.com/login/?action=enter_recovery_mode&rm_token=Ri11G8zNA8wEwCaUduo8ik&rm_key=EVMpKOw7scwiR6Kph21pJ5

To keep your site safe, this link will expire in 1 day. Don’t worry about that, though: a new link will be emailed to you if the error occurs again after it expires.

When seeking help with this issue, you may be asked for some of the following information:
WordPress version 5.8
Current theme: Pro – Child Theme (version 1.0.0)
Current plugin: (version )
PHP version 8.0.9

So I have created a new Home page and will delete the original and see if the problem persists. I will let you know how I get on.

Hello @davidwdesign,

The link may have expired already as we can no longer log in. Please provide your WP login details instead so we can check your site settings and investigate the error on the site.

Thank you.

Hi,
So I rebuilt the page and trashed the old Home page and all seems to be well now. If I have the issue again I will get back in touch. I have not tried to rebuild the slider yet, so I will let you know if it causes the same issue later in the build.
On another topic there seems to be a bit of a glitch on cornerstone that every now and again causes the UI to detach from the left side and get stuck with the top section (where you grab if you want detach the UI) is off the top of the screen which stops you from being able to grab the panel.
The good news is if you quit out of cornerstone and go back in, it does not correct itself but it does enable you to grab and re-stick it to the left again.
Just thought you should know.
heers
David

Hi @davidwdesign,

We’re glad that you’re able to find a solution to your issue. On the other hand, I can’t say that there’s a glitch with the detach UI, I suspect it has something to do with the user’s end. Just make sure when you want to detach the UI and transfer it to the top/bottom/right corner, please put it correctly inside the blue bar.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.