Unable to Save Updates

Hi Team,

On this site - http://ndcbc.org/, I am trying to add a new Layer Slider to my home page and Cornerstone will not allow me to save any changes.

Can you please take a look? Today I updated the PHP version level to 8 on the server, but it did not help.

Hi @bluetroop2,

Thank you for writing in, first please do the following:

• Ensure that you are fully up to date. WordPress, Theme, and Cornerstone (Version Compatibility)

• Clear all the site caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. While you’re at it, please deactivate this caching feature while we tackle this issue.

• Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

• Also test by removing the Layer Slider, if its save without the Layer Slider then its possible that the content of your Layer Slider is causing the issue.

Cheers!

I followed the instructions and it seems to be layer slider as the problem, but not now I cannot get it reactivated. Can you help with this?

Hey @bluetroop2,

You can activate a bundled plugin from WP Admin Menu > X or Pro. I tested activating already and it works. What you can try next is update LayerSlider in WP Admin Menu > Plugins.

Thanks.

Okay, I’ve followed those instructions and have uninstalled, cleared cache and reinstalled several times. It still seems to be a problem.

Hi @bluetroop2,

The Layer Slider is now activated on your website, you can now test it again.

Tips: If you can’t activate the Layer Slider in the plugin lists, you can activate it in X menu.

Hope that helps.

No does, not help, we’re back to where we started. When activated, I cannot save changes in Cornerstone. When I deactivate Layerslider, I can then save and the page looks normal. But I still need the sliders on my pages.

Hi @bluetroop2,

I can confirm this LayerSlider updating issue on my end as well. We’ve submitted this to our issue tracker so the developers will be made aware of it.

For now, don’t use LayerSlider, and try the Classic Slider Element.

Thanks,

Do you when Layer Slider will be fixed? I use it in ALL my projects.

I’m trying the classic layer slider, but there may be some kind of bug issue with the new Cornerstone Builder. Please go into the site and see for yourself. If you remove the Global Container or alter the slider by adding images, etc., you will just get a small white block in its place and no slider. It was also doing this with my Layer Slider.

Hi @bluetroop2,

We don’t have any estimated time for when the issue will be resolved with Layer Slider. On the other hand, the classic slider is just working fine on your end. If you are not seeing the same thing as mind, I suggest that you clear your cache and browser cache.

Thank you.

Can you please alert by email me once a solution is reached for the damaged Layer Slider plug-in. Again, I use this slider plug-in for ALL of my projects and rely on it heavily. The Classic Slider does not have any of the capabilities I need.

HI @bluetroop2,

I suggest that you check the status report from to time for the new updates. You can check it here.

Thank you.

There are many. Which status report is it in??

Hi Lorne,

Sorry for the confusion, what Marc meant is, when we release a new update you can check the Release Note of that update (here), check particularly the Changelog section of that Release Note and see if there is a bugfix of the issue that you’re monitoring.

Thanks,

Hi,

I am having similar issues with Layerslider, it is not updating to the latest version the slider is still visible on my home page but I can’t do any modification since it is not appearing on the Admin panel or anywhere

Zee

Hello Zee,

At this time we kindly ask that you open them up in a separate thread. The longer threads get in the forum, they become more difficult to support as they tend to drift off topic and they also make it troublesome for users trying to search for solutions. Keeping threads relevant to their original inquiry ensures that we can keep better track of what has been resolved and that users can more effectively find answers to similar issues they might be experiencing.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.