Unable to save templates

Hello,
This is the message I keep getting when I try to save a page as a template. I was successful twice, but no other times. I have tried a different browser and a different computer. I have also cleared my cache. I have also tried setting up a different demo and then setting up the one I originally had. I went to a different theme and then back to X-Child.

In addition, I now have erased pages in Wordpress. I read somewhere on here to do this. So I erased my blog pages and now I do not know how to get them back.

Is there a way to reinstall X Child and just start over? I have looked on this forum to solve my problem, but I think I have just made it worse.

Thank you very much.

Hi,

Try to check file permission and make sure it’s all correct

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password

All the best!

Ok thank you - I will add a secure note with that information.

Hi There,

For erased pages, the only way to restore it is to load a back up of your site. Check with your hosting provider for a backup. In case you don’t have backup service from your hosting, unfortunately, we have to rebuild it.

To reinstall child theme, just go login to your hosting and go to this folder: wp-content/themes/. Save a backup of your current x-child folder before deleting it. Then from your dashboard on this forum, download a fresh copy of the child theme and install it again.

I tried to login and then save home as template. It is there as My Home Template under My pages.

Thank you!

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.