Unable to Log In

Recently I updated a number of plugins and I believe the theme itself. After logging out of the site, I am now NOT able to log back into Wordpress. There is a long delay, and then I am back to the Wordpress login screen, where it wants me to re-enter my user name and password.

We are using the correct user name and password, but I can no longer get into the back end of the site.

Please advise, and let me know if you need more specific information. Thanks in advance.
Steve Pitt

Hey There,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

Hi Jade:

Thank you for your help with this.

Hi Steve,

I have tried to login and it is also taking forever to load and ends up reloading the page. One of the plugins that was updated might be causing this issue. Please login through FTP then try to rename or just add an “underscore(_)” to your plugins folders, then all the plugins will be deactivated.

Now try to login and see if it’s working fine and if it is then remove the “underscore” from all the plugins folders and activate them one by one and to see which plugin is causing it.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the info. I’ve already resolved the matter by logging into C Panel and removing the plugins, then logging into WordPress, updating plugins and the theme, then re-enabling them. Issue resolved.

Hey @InternetExpertOnline,

Glad you resolved it :slight_smile:

Cheers!