Unable to install x-theme’s plugins (too)

Hi!

I experience the same problem like an other user before, but since the topic is closed i had to create a new one:
I am unable to activate x’s plugins. When I click on “install” it seems to install the plugin, at the end I get the green hook
and a button which leads to plugin page where I am supposed to activate the new plugin, but there ist no new plugin. Also if I go back to the X-Site, the new plugin is to install again. Also in the FTP-Folder there is no new plugin.
Permissions are set to 777, also for subfolders.

What do I worng?

Best regards
Andi

Hi There,

You shouldn’t set the permission of your plugin directory to 777 for security reasons.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_File_Permissions

I could be the plugin directory has the permission issue and you might not successfully change the permission correct.

Could you please contact your hosting provider to change the permission to 755 instead?

Please also try testing a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time. Sometimes Wordfence and iTheme Security plugins are causing the permission issue.

Let us know how it goes!

Hm. Its a brandnew Installation, no third party plugins there…
I changed the permisson to 755, still no success… :- (

The really strange thing is that the plugins on x’s dashboard switch back to “install” if I reload the page. Is this normal?

There is also this error message: “Cornerstone has been installed, but could not be automatically activated. Please activate from the plugins page. Error Details.”

Error Details say that the pluginfolder is not there. Thats right, btw…

Got it. Changed my PHP-Version from 5.5 to 7.
Thanks for the hint! ;- )

Glad to hear it’s sorted. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.