Unable to install Slider Revolution

Trying to install through Extensions on localhost returns a “Error encountered. Details”, clicking on Details pops up an empty box with only a Back button. I’ve had no problems installing all the other plugins so far tho.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Please browse your plugins folder. Maybe revslider folder already exists. You will have to delete the folder first and then re install the plugin.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

I do not have a revslider folder on my plugins directory.
It tried installing for around 10 seconds then returns the error with empty details.

I’m using XAMPP to run on localhost if that helps.

Hi There,

You need to enable PHP cURL extension on your XAMPP server to install those extensions.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hello,

I checked through

<?php
if (function_exists('curl_version')) {
echo "curl is enabled.";
	} else {
	    die('curl is disabled.');
	}
?>

and curl is indeed up and running. All other extensions so far have had no problem installing.

EDIT:
Adding recording of what happens: https://i.imgur.com/dhOVgzV.gifv

Hi there,

There are many possible caused and there is no way I could check it on your end. It could be a firewall issue, curl is outdated and not properly configured, curl’s SSL certificate is missing, and more.

We can only find out by getting the error directly.

I have XAMPP too and I don’t have issues with CURL, so it could be something else. Like firewall or ports are being used by another program. I can’t really tell what’s going on.

Thanks!