Unable to install Revolution Slider

I am getting and error when trying to install the Revolution Slider plugin.

After it says ‘Installing’ for while, it then says, ‘Error encountered. Details’.

If I click on the ‘Details’ link it does not show any error. Other plugins seem to install fine.

It does appear to have added a folder named revslider to the wp-content\plugins folder…but it is not showing as an installed plugin on the Plugins page.

I’m wanting to install one of the Advanced Demo content and it says that this plugin is required to do this.

Thank you for you assistance.

Hi @lwccmediateam,

Thanks for writing in.

You need to remove first the installed revolution slider folder in your plugins using FTP then you can reinstall it again using your X adds on.

Let us know how it goes. If still not working, please share us your admin credentials and FTP so we could check further. Don’t forget to set it in a secure note.

Thanks.

Hello @lwccmediateam,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Looks like you only shared FTP details. Please share website URL, WordPress username and password for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

I updated the secure note with our Wordpress login information.

Hello There,

Thanks for providing the information. I was able to log in and figured out the issue. There was a fatal error when you install the Revolution Slider plugin. I did some further investigation. I noticed that you are using PHP version 5.2.17 and WordPress 4.7 requires at least 7.0 (https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/). This could possibly be the cause of the issue. In most cases you cannot update your PHP version yourself and need to contact your host about this. The upgrade process is an easy process and should be something your host can do for you without affecting your website or charging you for it. Here’s a letter you can send to your hosting company:

Dear host,

I'm interested in running the open-source WordPress <https://wordpress.org/> web software and 
I was wondering if my account supported the following:

- PHP 7 or greater
- MySQL 5.6 or greater
- The mod_rewrite Apache module
- HTTPS support

Looking forward to your reply.

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.