Unable to edit classic text box when clicking 'click to edit'

Im having trouble editing content with the cornerstone editor. Any inspector element that has editable text content opens up to a blank page once I click the option “click to edit”. The other elements that can be edited directly from cornerstone without ‘clicking to edit’ are working fine.

ive updated to X theme 6.5, and cornerstone v3.5. disabled all my plugins, tried different browsers and other computers. Cleared theme cache, my browsers, etc. Im not sure what I seem to be missing.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for writing in, please do a test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If that did not work, please provide us the site URL and login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Hello Peter,

Thanks for providing the login credentials. Regretfully we cannot thoroughly investigate the issue because the given credentials has limited privileges. Please update the role of the user and make it as an administrator.

Meanwhile, please go to X > Settings > Permissions and make sure that the User role is allowed to edit or access the element settings.

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

sorry, I have edited the role to be an admin, and set all X permissions accordingly.

Hi Peter,

It seems to be performance related, the builder is loading so slow and yes, text is blank once I clicked to edit it but the text displays after waiting a couple of seconds. Then I increased its memory limit through wp-config.php when I reloaded it, it’s no longer blank.

Could you try checking it again? I recommend disabling the cache plugin once you test it.

Thanks!

Yes that worked, I cleared my browser cache also, and was able to load the ‘edit text’ function. Thank you so much!

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello Peter,

Can you please let us know the information you have added in this ticket? It’s showing up in unresovled list of ticket but I am not able to figure out the fresh information that has been added.

I can also see that you have created a new ticket. I have replied on that requesting for some clarification, please reply on that ticket.

Thanks.