Unable to change Staging Site

I sometimes stage on my local machine at the office or my laptop at home for the one Production site but today I’m unable to change the Staging Site location. I enter the new location and click the check mark but nothing happens. When I refresh the page the old Staging Site location is filled in.

To top it all I accidentally copied and pasted the licence code into the Staging Site field which it is now stuck on.

Not my day.

Hey,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password
– FTP credentials

Don’t forget to select Set as private reply. This ensures your information is only visible to our staff.

Thanks for replying, John. I tried to change the Staging Site address again this morning and it worked! Is there a limit to how often you can change the Staging Site within a given time period? Maybe I’d exceeded it.

Hi there,

Are you referring to the staging URL in the licenses page? You should be able to update it anytime. Kindly try to clear your browser cache in case you get the issue.

Hi yes I am.

I thought it was a caching issue as well but clearing the caches didn’t make a difference. Whichever browser I used – Safari, Chrome, Firefox – gave one opportunity to update the URL but any further update attempts were ignored, the green box to say the Staging URL has been successfully changed didn’t appear again unless you tried to update the URL several hours later or even next day.

Hi there,

I have just tried it on the Licences page but I can’t seem to replicate the issue.

Please let us know in case this happens again so that we could check it.

Thank you.