Unable to activate 404 extension

Hi X,

I am having A LOT of issues with the extensions from the X page in wordpress. Either they are a version outdated or they dont activate.

Another one now. I am unable to activate custom 404 on my one site. Get this error from the Plugins page when trying to activate it:

Please advise? Also please can you sort this out as it is across multiple sites and is becoming highly irritating that nothing works!!!

Hey There,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

Hi Thai,

Please find details below.

Also please advise why so many extensions are giving so many problems? :cold_sweat:
:disappointed_relieved:

Hello There,

Thanks for providing that information. I did some further investigation. I noticed that you are using PHP version 5.3.29 and WordPress 4.8 requires at least 7.0 (https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/). This could possibly be the cause of the issue. In most cases you cannot update your PHP version yourself and need to contact your host about this. The upgrade process is an easy process and should be something your host can do for you without affecting your website or charging you for it. Here’s a letter you can send to your hosting company:

Dear host,

I\'m interested in running the open-source WordPress <https://wordpress.org/> web software and 
I was wondering if my account supported the following:

- PHP 7 or greater
- MySQL 5.6 or greater
- The mod_rewrite Apache module
- HTTPS support

Looking forward to your reply.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi @RueNel,

Upgrading to PHP 7 seemed to have worked.

I managed to activate the plugin no problem thank you.

Thanks for letting us know!