"Uh oh, we couldn't check if this license was valid. "

Hi There

I cannot validate a licence. It gets the message ""Uh oh, we couldn’t check if this license was valid. “”
The button “Details” show en empty screen

  1. I have no firewalls in place. None. I installed little snitch to check this issue after I saw it
  2. My ISP is not blocking you.
  3. Cookies have been cleared.
  4. Deleted wp-content/themes/x & re-installed fresh from themeforest.net .zip file
  5. My other local install can have its licence revoked and re-granted on the same Laptop/host, same ISP, same MAMP

Server is my local MaxBook Air. MAMP + Chrome

**[ADDED] 17 Oct **
6. Problem reproduced on public server - credentials attached in secure note
7. Seems there is a common thread - WP System has been cloned with ‘Duplicator’ plugin

I attached the output from little snitch

Help appreciated
Graham

Fixed this myself. After 2 days work

It seems to be that duplicating a WP instance with Duplicator can leave Cornerstone plugin out of sync with X-theme, somehow…

  • Re-installed fresh X theme from Themeforest .zip download : Same issue no valid licence
  • Disabled ‘much older’ version of Cornerstone : Same issue - no valid licence

Manually deleted Cornerstone plugin altogether
X Re-installs cornerstone itself
**BINGO ! License validates correctly **

Can I have a free license ? I think I earned it :slight_smile:

Hi there @mitcheg,

Glad to hear you got this working and nice detective skills! :slight_smile: Let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.