Uh oh, we couldn't check if this license was valid... Validation error

I’m getting the validation error after using the Pro theme with unlimitted licenses. I’ve never had this issue with standalone versions of the Xtheme.

When I click ‘more details’, it returns the message below:

cURL error 60: SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired

There is not an active firewall of any kind, and I’ve tried a few of the solutions suggested in this forum, but none seem to work. This is the 2nd website I’m having the same issue with.

This is a brand name install for a test build at

Hello @JMGraphicDesign1,

Thanks for writing in! The error message is related to SSL, your PHP configuration may not be configured properly. We would advise contacting your host about this. In the meantime, you can fix your WordPress installation by adding this code to the functions.php file of your Child Theme:

add_filter( 'https_ssl_verify', '__return_false' );

This allows WordPress to skip verification when making outbound HTTP requests. For more information on how to set up a Child Theme click here.

Best Regards.

Thank you for the help - it’s unlikely this is a server issue as I have another website on the same server which validated just fine… Perhaps it’s a bug for php 7.4.16 ? I run it as an FPM app…

Hi @JMGraphicDesign1,

Glad that we are able to help you. We are not aware of the bug of PHP.

Thanks

Ok thanks - as it’s possible to bypass the validation it doesn’t make sense to troubleshoot the cause further so I’ll leave it here for now. Thanks so much for solving this so quickly

Hi @JMGraphicDesign1,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.