Uh Oh, we couldn't check if this license was valid 2

Hi there,

I am getting “Uh oh, we couldn’t check if this license was valid.” error when validating my x theme.

I updated PHP on my website a few weeks ago and it broke everything. I uninstalled and reinstalled wordpress over a few days, and now I can’t validate my x theme. I’ve read through other forum posts about the same issue, but can’t figure out how to get it to work. I can’t even log into my wp-admin, I have to do it through my website, so I’m not sure how I can give admin level access to anyone here to help me.

Do I create a new user in my wordpress for staff at themeco to get in? If so, how do I do that? What e-mail do I use?

Help!
-Joel

Hello Joel,

Thanks for writing in! Is Cornerstone asking you to validate it? If that is the case, you cannot use the X theme license to validate the Cornerstone plugin. You are experiencing this because you have renamed the x theme folder into xtheme. Please login to your FTP and browse to the themes folder. You need to revert back to the folder of the theme.

If you cannot log in to your FTP, you may install a 3rd party, File Manager plugin.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi @ruenel!

Thanks for the kind response. I renamed the xtheme folder back to x with my FTP client, then re-activated the x theme, but I am having the same issue. It isn’t cornerstone that’s asking me to validate, its wordpress itself I believe. My dashboard says THEMECO: This X license is not validated. Fix

If I click fix, it brings me to the 2nd tab in my wordpress dashboard, which is X, the screen where it says Input Code and Hit Enter.

It looks like renaming the “xtheme” to “x” did not fix the issue on its own.

Any next steps?
-Joel

HI Joel,

Would you mind sharing your credential so that we can take a closer look? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Thanks Marc!

I’ve added a secure note with the login details.

Cheers,

-Joel

Hi Joel,

The issue is only occurring on your website. I tried to validate my development website using your key and it is working fine but when I tried to validate on your website it won’t proceed. The issue has something to do with the SSL certificate that has expired. I suggest that you reach out to your hosting provider about the said issue.

Note: I was able to validate your website by bypassing the SSL issue by adding this code in the functions.php and after validating your website, I remove that code.

add_filter( 'https_ssl_verify', '__return_false' );

Hope that helps.

Thank you very much! Just what I needed. You guys are great!!! :slight_smile:

-Joel

Hi Joel,

You’re welcome! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.