Uh oh. content failed to save

Hey guys…i have a problem.

As i wanted to make changes on my landing page the error “uh oh, content failed to save” occured. this problem exists only on my landing page…in the other subpages i can make changes and save them.

i already deactivated all 3rd party plugins and emptied the browser cache.

i’m working with pro (latest version) and my wordpress version is also up to date. where could be the problem? could i give you admin-access so that you could have a look?

thanks for your quick answer!

Ivan

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

I checked your site and I can confirm the issue in my end too. I would like you to check following list for optimization best practice.

Kindly contact your hosting service provider and ask them to whitelist this file : cs-vendor.js
Besides that, I suggest that you also follow the standard troubleshooting steps:

  1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  5. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  6. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
  7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );

If that doesn’t help please send us your FTP details in a secure note so that we can check it in our end.

Thanks

Hey thanks for your answer.

  1. everything up to date in my opinion
  2. no cdn as far as i know
  3. deactivated all 3rd party plugins
  4. didn’t created any css orr js in the options (i don’t have a child theme insatalled…maybe this is the problem? how could i install a child theme?)
  5. renamed the .htaccess file to .htaccess-bak in the ftp and saved the changes in wordpress (permalinks)
  6. added the code to increase allocated memory and uploaded the file again.

but still don’t work on my side… :frowning:

so i send you the ftp details in secure note…hope we can get it fixed like that! actually the website-launch was planned on 1st february…so in a few hours. You see it need to get done quite quickly :confused:

hey…fixed the problem by myself…
created a whole page completely new and set it as the main-page/landing page. as the problem occured only on the landing page…the problem is now solved. but it would be nice to know where the error is!

Hey @ivanhachen,

Maybe I was investigating your site when created a new page. At first, all I see was Cornerstone shortcodes in your home page. I checked and Cornerstone was deactivated so I activated it and there’s an error. I deleted Cornerstone folder in FTP and checked your page and it works. I’m not sure if that solved the issue but maybe the issue here was just caching.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.