Ubermenu weird characters

Hi, I have created an ubermenu but the top level menu items have a weird character at the end of the words which doesnt appear in the menu items. I think its possibly something cached, but have no idea where its coming from. Ive cleared all caches I can find. Help much appreciated. https://staging2.strategyworks.io

Hello WillB,

Thanks for writing in! You seem to have resolved the issue because we are no longer seeing any weird characters in your Ubermenu items:

Please do not hesitate to open another thread if there is anything else we can help you with. Thanks.

Hi, Im still seeing it on certain pages like this one https://staging2.strategyworks.io/contact-us/

Hello @wbc,

I can replicate the issue. It seems that the FontAwesome is not rendering properly. I would suggest you need to go to the Theme option —> Miscellaneous—>Font Awesome. Please make sure you have enabled all the option

In case if it doesn’t work for you for the quick fix you can use this custom CSS code under Theme options —>CSS

i.ubermenu-sub-indicator {
font-family: 'FontAwesomePro';
}

The purpose of providing custom CSS is to show you how to add CSS code to your site. Writing custom CSS is outside the scope of our theme support. If you need more customization, you need to learn CSS and learn how to use the browser’s element inspector or you can subscribe to One to get further assistance.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the help and I know how to add CSS. Unfortunately neither of these suggested routes has fixed this bug. I dont understand why font awesome is the problem here as Im not using font awesome in the ubermenu as far as I know.

Adding that CSS code adds a tick symbol to the menu which is just as bad as an empty square.

Any other guidance on how to fix this bug?

Thanks,

Hello @wbc,

In order to help you with your concern we need to check your settings so I would request you please share your admin login details in the secure note meanwhile I would suggest you, please troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. If it doesn’t work for you, please send your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thanks - I managed to solve it with

.ubermenu-sub-indicator
{
visibility : hidden !important;
}

You are most welcome @wbc

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.