UberMenu on Mobile

Hi There

I have ubermenu on my customers website and I have used one of their custom items (Row) to divide two items at the bottom of the sub menu from the top. It is clear when you look at the website.

However, on mobile it shows the word ROW. I have tried disabling on mobile but nothing seems to work.

Can you please advise how I can stop this from being viewed on the mobile.

many thanks.

Hi Eileen,

Thanks for reaching out.
It seems that the mobile menu is rendering through a modal and it is completely different than the desktop version of the menu. Can you please check once the menu is assigned to the modal, whether it is having text [ROW], if that so please remove the menu item from the menu?
If that is not the case, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi Tristup

I am using UberMenu which has has a content area in the Pro header. The mobile menu has just the normal main menu selected. For both is exact same menu just set up differently

Kind regards.

Hi Eileen,

You need to make that Row element disable in Mobile from the Responsive options in Uber settings just beside the menu item.
Please find the screenshot describing the setting.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Thank you but I already told you that I had tried that and it has no effect!

Kind regards.

Hi Eileen,

I have tried the same in local setup and it works perfectly, there might be a few different reasons for this issue, I would suggest you troubleshoot the common issues related to it.

1.Plugin Conflict
2.Child Theme Related issue
3.CSS/JS Customization

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above helps, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

Thanks

Hi There

I found this in the forum which is exactly the problem I have. However following the instructions and taking out the collapsed menu etc still does not solve the problem.

Can you please advise. Thank you

Hi Eileen,

You can try by adding a small piece of custom CSS code into the Theme Options > CSS.

@media  (max-width: 980px) 
{
    a[href$='#ubermenu-row'] 
    { 
        display:none;
    }
}

You may need to adjust the breakpoints as per your need. You can find the details on the custom media query breakpoints: https://medium.com/@uiuxlab/the-most-used-responsive-breakpoints-in-2017-of-mine-9588e9bd3a8a

Remember that the above code will work if copied as it is and don’t conflict with any existing style.
Please note that the code provided serves only as a guide to help you get started custom coding on your own if there’s no option offered in our theme or the products we bundle.
We do not provide support for custom codes that means we can’t fix it in case it conflicts with something in your site nor will we enhance it.

If that does not help, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

Thanks

Hi There

The css made no difference whatsoever, sorry.

I have deactivated all the plugins and it has made no difference.

If I do not have a collapsed menu item in the header then I dont see a menu on the mobile!

I have gone through the themeco ubermenu setup again and all tallys.

The website is already on a development server so you can take a look at it. I will make a backup now so that I have it just in case!

Hi There

Can you please hold fire on this as I think I may have found the problem. I have put a Content Area in instead of a Content Area Off Canvas.

I am just rechecking all the details first and if I get a problem I will come back to you.

Kind regards

PS - No worries I have now sorted this. Once I had put the correct element in it worked fine !

Hi Eileen,

Glad that you are able to sort out the issue.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.