UBERMENU not compatible with 1.1?

Hi there,

I’m currently building a site at http://biokutatas.decorolux.com/.

I’m trying to use a full width ubermenu because I have many menu elements. The options are messed up though. My ubermenu is meant to be full width, but when I use automatic integration, there are some leftovers remaining from X and it is smaller than full-width, covered by a white backround. Could you have a look at it?

Issue 2: I would like to disable the ubermenu on mobile and use the X built in one. I enable this option in the menu, but it does not seem to work.

Issue 3: This also killing my formatting on some pages. http://biokutatas.decorolux.com/okologiai-gazdalkodasi-szaktanacsadas/

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

1.) The white space is the result of a smaller height and yet you inserted a medium image: http://prntscr.com/fydvsn
You will need to adjust the height to at least 145 pixels. Or at least add the following custom css

.ubermenu-responsive-default.ubermenu {
    height: 150px;
}

.ubermenu-main .ubermenu-nav {
    height: 150px;
}

2.) UberMenu is already manually integrated in the X theme. This is why all automatic integration settings will not work. If you want to removed the integration, you will have to disintegrate UberMenu from the X theme. To do that, since you have your child theme active and ready, please follow the following steps below:
i] Using Notepad or TextEdit or Sublime Text or any text editor, please create a new file in your local machine.
ii] Insert the following code into that new file

<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/GLOBAL/_NAV-PRIMARY.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Outputs the primary nav.
// =============================================================================
	
?>
 
<a href="#" class="x-btn-navbar collapsed" data-toggle="collapse" data-target=".x-nav-wrap.mobile">
  <i class="x-icon-bars" data-x-icon="&#xf0c9;"></i>
  <span class="visually-hidden"><?php _e( 'Navigation', '__x__' ); ?></span>
</a>

<nav class="x-nav-wrap desktop" role="navigation">
  <?php x_output_primary_navigation(); ?>
</nav>

<div class="x-nav-wrap mobile collapse">
  <?php x_output_primary_navigation(); ?>
</div>

iii] Save the file named as _nav-primary.php
iv] Upload this file to your server in the child theme’s folder wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/global/
You will have to create the folder names as it does not exist in your child theme yet.

v] And lastly, please add the following line of code in your child theme’s functions.php file

remove_filter( 'ubermenu_settings_defaults', 'x_ubermenu_settings_default', 20, 1 );

3.) The formatting should be resolve once the issue #1 and #2 is addressed.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you very much for your help! All is fine now.

Ouch, I was mistaken. Not all.

On larger displays, it is still not full width, because of the sub-menu positioning hack ( max-width is set to 1500 px) is there a way to make it full width without ruining the positioning of the bottom menu.

Also, is there a way to remove the white part of the header that is 150 px minimum? Thing is the client wants the logo to be a larger height than the header itself. So the goal is to make it full width with a height of 50 px and no whitespace around it.

Thanks!

Edit:

  1. I managed to fix the widht, but I can’t overwrite .x-navbar {background-color:white} to none. Any idea how to?
  2. Is there a way to use the normal X theme header in the case of mobile? Right now it uses ubermenu, and it has weird formatting issues. The normal one would be just fine here.

That would require further custom development. We do have an in-house custom development team that offer paid services, who may be able to assist. They can be contacted at [email protected] if this is of interest to you. If you have any further questions about the theme, we are more than happy to provide you with assistance on these inquiries.

Thank you for your understanding.

Which part would require custom development?

I fixed most of the issues, all I need now is to have the mobile menu use X’s built in menu, or to format Ubermenu so it looks normal on mobile.

Thanks.

Disabling Ubermenu on mobile currently doesn’t work. Not sure if that is intended or is a bug but I’ve submitted a report on this. Right now, this would require custom development. You will have to play around with UberMenu settings. Further custom CSS development for UberMenu will also be getting into custom development.

Thanks.