UberMenu Images Do Not Work From Select Menu

Hello support team,

Upon setting up UberMenu, the select button for images does not work.

Could you let me know what the issue may be.

Website with the issue: https://vitalytennant.com

Thank you in advance.

Successfully.

Hello Vitaly,

Thanks for writing in! A 3rd party plugin may be causing a conflict with Ubermenu. Please do the following:

If none of the above helps, we wold love to investigate the issue further. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hello Rue,

Thank you for your prompt response. I have downgraded PHP version to 7.4 from 8.1, and the images tab worked, then it stopped working. I don’t have an idea what may be causing this issue.

Here is the information you requested:

Hi Vitaly,

I have checked the Uber Menu image option multiple times and it worked perfectly fine. The cache might be the reason behind your problem, I would suggest you check once by clearing all types of cache and deactivate the Cache plugins temporarily and check in the incognito/private mode of the browser.

If that does not work, please create a screencasting video to recognize what exactly you are facing.

Thanks

Hello Tristup,

Thank you for your timely response. Upon further looking into it, it did have something to do with cache, although not disabling the plugin, a few settings that had to be reconfigured (browser cache setting inside the plugin I believe), as well as now taking a look at Memcached and Redis as one of the extensions with LiteSpeed caching plugin. In any case, the select Image option seems to be working. As I finished writing this sentence, I just went to double check, and it isn’t working again. It seems to be intermittently working as of now.

Any recommendation / suggestion will do, I’ll have to look at CDN, Cloudflare settings, although I don’t think that’s the issue.

I’m not sure why it worked only for you. I don’t think it’s LiteSpeed, since Image selection works intermittently (only twice for me for now, until I press save, and then it hasn’t worked yet). If you could check again, just to see if anything else may be causing it via your expertise. Since my last started topic was back in 2020 until recently, everything updates automatically, and VitalyTennant.com website is up to date on all things current with its plugins, it just takes longer to refresh all the settings from my personal individual perspective, because I don’t have the need to actually go into them, as they usually work.

I can record a video, as original topic, the Image button just does not work when I click it.

Successfully.

Hello Vitaly,

Here is my demo on the Upload Image button as well.

• See the secure note for the video

Upon checking the Tools > Site Health > Info > Server, your PHP Max Input is only 240. You may need to increase it to something bigger. You might to check out this article:

Best Regards.

Hi Rue,

I appreciate the video (I was able to add an image, although twice before it seized to work again, as previously noted), I’m in the process of still looking into it. Because I find it strange of it not working as per your video, where it does.

I hope to get a resolution / solution to this soon per your guidelines.

Thank you once more.

Successfully.

Hi Vitaly,

I and my colleague checked and found that it is working fine at our end, but it is not working at your end.

To recognize what exactly happening at your end, I would request you again to make a screenscasting video and share it with us.

Thanks

Hello Tristup,

It isn’t working, I’m not sure what the issue is.

Video attachment:

Successfully.

Hello Rue,

Please see this note in regards to PHP Max Input:

Successfully.

Hello Vitaly,

We do not have an exact requirement for the PHP Max input. Your server settings will be needing it especially when you have more than 20 menu items in your menu items.

When you go to Appearance > Menus, please allow a few moments for all the page resources to load. If you have several menu items you might want to pause for a moment before you click on the Ubermenu settings to add the image. This is the step I did which is why I can add an image as you can see in my video.

Best Regards.

Hello Rue,

Thank you for the information.

I was able to update the menu via a different browser tab such as incognito mode.

I certainly do notice the menu in the dashboard loading real slow, as well as broken tab messages, and longer load times.

Are there recommended numbers for PHP Max input that you would suggest? I know it’s up to me to figure out the threshold, although I don’t know if there is a max per se. I was thinking 800 could suffice. This way I can pass it along.

Thank you in advance.

Successfully.

Hello support team,

PHP input time was adjusted to 520.

It should work.

Thank you for your support.

Successfully.

You are most welcome, Vitaly.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.