UberMenu for desktop and SuperFly Menu for mobile version

Good evening!

I have been using Ubermenu on desktop and mobile, but wanted to get SuperFly menu on the mobile version only.

When I installed SuperFly, UberMenu stopped working on the desktop version (only). The x-nav is now blank and I cannot put back the UberMenu. I deactivated and deleted SuperFly in the hope this will solve the issue, but it didn’t work.

I have followed several topics, changed configurations and troubleshot, but none of this worked. I have tried everything I could ( I am no web designer), but with no result.

Since I cannot leave my website without a menu, all I could think of was to deactivate UberMenu and use Superfly for both mobile and desktop. This is only temporary though, as I want UberMenu for desktop and Superfly for Mobile.

Can you please tell me how to fix this issue? Below my information

Thanks!

Hello @apneatotalmalta,

Thanks for writing in!

Please be advised that both of the plugins are integrated into the theme. As soon as you enable the Ubermenu, it replaces the Primary menu of the site. You can disable Ubermenu in mobile devices:

Appearance > UberMenu > Main Ubermenu Configuration

The same goes with the Superfly menu. You can have an option to show or do not show the menu in respective screen sizes:

Superfly Menu > General Display Rules

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply @ruenel,

I have had Ubermenu for years (and I have also bought the Sticky menu extension) in desktop and mobile but now I want Superfly Menu for mobile - Meaning UberMenu for Desktop and Superfly for Mobile. When I installed Superfly, everything went south. Somehow it overwrote the code. I did all that you mentioned in your reply, but in the desktop version the Ubermenu disappeared. Instead I had a blank space on top of all the pages (I think it’s the x-nav)

You can also see this blank space in the mobile version and now even the Superfly menu is no more a sticky menu as it should.

After that happened, I deactivated Superfly but the Ubermenu remained invisible in the desktop version (though visible in the mobile version). To have a menu in both versions, I had to deactivate Ubermenu and replace it with Superfly. This is a temporary fix, until the problem is solved as I want UberMenu Desktop and SuperFly Mobile.

FYI, it doesn’t show in sandbox either. In the UberMenu’s Diagnostics (alfa) tool, you can run a residual styling detection but I don’t feel confident enough to start changing code.

I have done a backup of the website and I have turned Cloudflare development mode ON in case you want to run some tests.

Hello @apneatotalmalta,

Though both the plugins have a setting to display on respective devices, you still cannot use it to accomplish what you have in mind. You can only use either Ubermenu or Superfly menu. You cannot have them both all at once. Regretfully that is not possible at the moment.

Thanks for your understanding.

Hello @ruenel,

Reading some topics in this forum, I was under the impression that it was possible to have UberMenu for Desktop and Superfly for Mobile - below are the posts in question

Has something changed since then? Isn’t it possible anymore?

If somehow I can’t have both plugins as wanted, I will keep UberMenu. However, my UberMenu - Desktop is not visible anymore (it is only visible on Mobile) since I installed SuperFly (even if Superfly is deactivated)

What should be done?

Thanks!

Hi @apneatotalmalta,

I have checked your website and found that the Uber Menu plugin is not installed anymore, can you please check once by installing it. If you found that the Uber Menu is still not working, please let us know for further investigation.

Thanks

Hi @tristup,

Ubermenu is installed, but it is not activated. When activated, the menu doesn’t show in desktop and I can’t have a website without menu.

Please activate it when you go back in my settings and you will see what I mean. I have left my details in my first post.

Thanks!

Hello @apneatotalmalta,

In Appearance > Ubermenu > Main Configuration, please make sure that you have assigned the menu:

By the way, Could you please update to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• X theme 8.2.3
  • Cornerstone 5.2.3
  • WordPress 5.7
  • PHP 7.4

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog:

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi,

The first thing I did was assigned the menu, thank you.

Everything was already to the latest version except the X theme that is now updated but nothing changed!

Hello @apneatotalmalta,

Can you please deactivate the Autoptimize and the Cloudflare plugin? We just need to make sure that after activating the Ubermenu plugin, it will replace the primary menu and display right away not the old cache version of the site.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hello @ruenel,

I purge cache and deactivated Autoptimize, Cloudflare and Superfly. Also set Cloudflare to development mode and purge all cache. Then I activated Ubermenu and the issue remains the same.

I will leave Autoptimize and Cloudflare deactivated in case you want to run any test but please, feel free to activate or deactivate any plugin or change any configurations. I’m doing daily full back ups since we started this post.

Hi @apneatotalmalta,

It seems some conflicts are the cause behind your issue, can you please check once by setting the Cloudfare in the dev mode and clearing the cache. If that does not helps, I would request you to provide the access to files using FTP/CPanel to check if something has been overridden.

Thanks

Hi @tristup,

Thanks!

It didn’t change anything, there was no menu in desktop version, just the same blank x-nav as before.

I deactivated Ubermenu and activated Superfly to have a menu.

Hi @apneatotalmalta,

Can you please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site?
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi @tristup!

I’m using a Multisite setup and there are no free plugins to do a staging. My hosting doesn’t have the option and honestly, I don’t feel confident enough to do it manually.

Any other solution?

Hey @apneatotalmalta,

At last, the Ubermenu is now displaying.

I have disabled your Cloudflare plugin and also, I have logged in to your Cloudflare account to clear the site cache and turn on the Development Mode to make sure that the Ubermenu will display.

Please check and set your Ubermenu to your desired settings.

Hi @ruenel,

Yes, finally we have the Ubermenu displaying on desktop! Thanks for that! What was the issue?

But… now there is no menu displaying on mobile version, we have the same blank space on top as we had before on desktop. You can easily test it on desktop if you restore down the window to a small size.

The menu configuration was set on Ubermenu, only for desktop and on Superfly only for mobile.

I deactivate superfly and set ubermenu to mobile version (hoping to have at least a menu on mobile) but it didn’t work so I reset it to how it was originally (Ubermenu for desktop and Superfly for mobile)

We are getting closer!

Hi @apneatotalmalta,

The issue is your Cloudflare cache. It always displays the old cache that is why even if Ubermenu plugin is active, it still displays the old layout.

You have to enable Superfly and ensure that the Superfly menu is available on smaller screens.

Best Regards.

Hi @ruenel,

I have been purging all the cache from Cloudflare several times per day on a daily basis before we started this post 16 days ago, and I have it in development mode while I work on my site, which is most of the day. Yesterday was the first day Ubermenu was visible on desktop. May I ask what you did to have UberMenu finally visible on Desktop? Because I would assume the same is to be done for Mobile now.

Superfly was already enabled yesterday to show on mobiles while Ubermenu was disabled (on mobile). Right now, there is no menu showing in the mobile version, even though the Cloudflare plugin is deactivated, I purge all the cache and set it to development mode.

The only time I managed to show Superfly on mobile is when I deactivated Ubermenu. And even then, Superfly doesn’t show as it should be (meaning as a sticky menu). It stays inside the same blank space on the top of the pages (x-nav?) as previously mentioned.

I obviously don’t know what the issue is or I would fix it myself but I don’t think it is about setting the menus on their respective desktop/mobile version or the cache as have tried that 1000 times. Whether it has anything to do with this blank space that appears when I installed Superfly, I don’t know but I really wish we find the solution soon.

Thank you

Hey @apneatotalmalta,

There is some conflicting settings in Ubermenu but regretfully, it’s tricky to find out what they are so what I did is I exported Ubermenu settings from my test site and imported it to your site.

Ubermenu now shows up both in Desktop and Mobile.

unnamed

Hope that helps.