Typekit activation error

Hi all,

I’ve just installed the pro theme on wordpress and am now looking to activate some plugins among which is Typekit. A few plugins work fine but the Typekit gives me the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘[’ in /home/sites/site467/web/wp-content/plugins/tco-typekit/tco-typekit.php on line 114

I experienced the same error while activating the google analytics plugin. Any idea what the problem could be?

The website is doks.ipdemo.nl

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Hey @Visser,

Thanks for writing in!
Can you please check what version of PHP you’re using? Try upgrading PHP version to 5.6+ or 7.0.
If the issue still persists then please share wp-admin login details using Secure Note.

Let me know how it goes

Regards

Hi Ruhal,

Thanks for answering me,

I’ve got to say im not familiar with the method of checking this version, I can see my wordpress version and my theme x version, they are all the most recent ones. My site is hosted by another party, perhaps they are the ones handling my php.

I will share my login details with you now so you can look into the problem. Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Kevin

Hi there,

I installed debug info plugin and found that your PHP version is 5.3, please update it to at least 5.6 or above. New plugins use new PHP features as well.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

Ah I’m so sorry, that should’ve not been the case. Im going to call the people who manage this part of the platform. Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully this will fix my problems.

You’re welcome.