Two section are visible in cornerstone but NOT live?!

What happend?

I don’t know what I did but 2 sections of one of my pages are not visible in live mode… I tried to create new sections but same story…

Can you please check whats wrong?

Thanks in advance, Mart

Hi There,

Make sure to turn off your cache plugins while editing, please flush your cache and test it again.

Let us know how it goes!

I deactivated my only cache plugin (Siteground Optimiser) and checked the page in cornerstone. Everything looks ok.
Then I activated SG Optimiser and, cached, and flushed it.
In live modes the 2 sections still are not visible…

I also get a warning that cornerstone is not up to date to run on PHP 7.0

Please advice because those 2 sections where always visibe… bit got invisible after changing (deleting the booking button connected with setmore plugin which is also deactivated.

Solved… there was something wrong with one of the accordions. I deleted that one and the other sections became visible.

Still open: PHP 7.0 and Cornerstone > Possible? or do I need to stay on 5.6?

Hi there,

Cornerstone should be PHP 7 compatible.

Kindly try to turn off WP_DEBUG in wp-config.php file by setting it to false.

wow… this is a little too technical. Please advice where to go in detail… :wink:

Hi there,

Sorry for the confusion.

Please login through FTP and you should be able to find the file wp-config.php, edit the file and find the line define( 'WP_DEBUG', true ); and set it to false and save it.

Hope this helps.

Checked it but it was already on ‘false’


Please help.

Hi there,

Sorry for the confusion. That errors are not PHP errors or warning so turning off WP_DEBUG will not do anything. That error is reported by the tool given by your hosting provider (SITEGROUND). It’s like a scanner and advises what you should do, but its findings are inaccurate.

The file cornerstone/includes/utility/jsqueeze.php doesn’t use /e in line 387, 465, 480 with preg_replace(). The tools don’t check if it’s an actual issue or if there is any incompatibility. It only checks the existence of letter e. So if your code contains preg_replace('/hello/'), preg_replace('/ethos/'), or any with letter e, it will be reported as error even if it’s okay and working. The real error could put down your site, it’s just their tools analysis result which is false.

You should ignore it, or switch to another host :slight_smile:

Thanks.