Two Problems

I’m having a couple of problems with my site that uses the X theme.

The first is when I try to click on my portfolio page. The first time, it works fine, but if I navigate to any other page and back to the portfolio page, I get an endless loading gif:

When I spoke to someone at GoDaddy about it, they said it was likely a caching problem.

The second issue is, when I try to edit my pages within cornerstone, a few of them aren’t showing up properly for me to be able to edit them.

Any thoughts?

Currently I’m using X 4.0.7.

Thanks!

Hello @emmettfurey,

Thanks for writing to us.

It seems that it might be the issue of version compatibility since you are using an older version of the theme. Please make sure you have the latest version of the theme, plugins, WordPress, and PHP version as per our version compatibility page.

In case you have not seen our theme update doc please have a look at it.

If it doesn’t work for you I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thanks! I’m taking a look at the update doc. Here’s a question I have. For me, X is not showing up as a plugin, it’s showing up as an add-on. Do you know why that would be? And would that require a different process to update it?

Hello @emmettfurey,

I have investigated your issue and I found out that you have installed the X theme incorrectly.

Based on my screenshot above, it seems that you have used the x_package.zip file to install the theme. You have have unzip it first and then upload the x.zip file instead. To get this resolve, please log in to your FTP by using an FTP manager or software and then you must move the x folder from ../wp-content/themes/x_package/ to ../wp-content/themes/ folder.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Thanks for this information. When I moved the X folder to the themes directory, I got an error and my website wouldn’t load.

Hello @emmettfurey,

Please provide us your FTP details so that we can investigate your issue further. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
FTP Details:
– FTP hostname
– FTP username
– FTP password

If you can include your link to your site, it would also help:
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password

– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi @emmettfurey,

I have checked your Project page and followed the steps you explained in your first post, but didn’t find the problem you described. And to check the problem regarding the Cornerstone we need your WordPress admin credentials, please share them for further investigation.

If you move the X folder from the x_package it will show the error, I would suggest you activate any other themes, and then move the folder, and after that activate the X again.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi @emmettfurey,

I have moved the X into the Theme folder as suggested by my colleague and now it is working fine. But, I found that you are using a much older version of X i.e. 4.0.7, and the Cornerstone version is 1.0.5. I would suggest you please copy your live site to a staging server and update the X theme and the Cornerstone by following the below steps.

1. Delete the Cornerstone
  2. Update the X theme to the latest version on automatic updates
  3. After the X theme is updated, use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone. It will be in the latest version

As you are using a much older version you may need to create a few pages from scratch as a few of the shortcodes and elements are already deprecated in the newer versions.
If everything goes fine in your staging please migrate the staging server to live.

Hope it helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.