Two Grids on one page with the grid plugin - pagination issue

Here is my situation. I have category pages which have two grids on them. The first grid has sub-categories (max of 6). The second grid has all articles under the main category (so many many articles).

The second grid has pagination but the first does not. When I click to the second page of pagination I get this message where the first grid should be: “No post was found with your current grid settings. You should verify if you have posts inside the current selected post type(s) and if the meta key filter is not too much restrictive.”

Now I understand why this is happening but is there a way to make the first grid always show its contents no matter which pagination page it is on?

Hi,

I’d like to check your grid settings.

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password

All the best!

Ok cool, details added to original secure note.

Hi there,

Thanks, I checked and this is not a bug, but your intended setting. The grid named around the home page sub-categories grid has this setting,

Source : Post Type
What Post Type : Posts/Pages
Number of items to load inside the grid : 6
Page Filter ( Available page(s) ) : Appliances, Cleaning, Renovations & DIY, Tips and Tricks, Tools

There are only 5 items and it’s less than 6 per page items, hence, there is no pagination since it’s not even greater than 6. And as a recommendation, please use ajax pagination when using multiple grids. Else, it will use global pagination (through query_var) which will affect all other grids. I went ahead and changed your second grid’s pagination to AJAX.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.