Twitter embeds in inline slider don 't work on mobile

Hi, I made a slider with Twitter posts for my website, at https://playability.de/#testimonials.

On desktop, they look perfectly fine, however on mobile (Pixel 4a running Android 12, Chrome browser), only the raw text is shown, without images or links (see screenshot below)

Any help with this issue would be much appreciated.

Hello @playability,

Thanks for writing in! If you want to contain the Tweet inside the box, you will have to break the words. Perhaps, this old thread can help you:

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Sorry, maybe I did’n explain the issue clearly. These are Twitter embeds, on desktop they look like in the screenshot attached.

I want these embed codes to look the same on desktop and mobile, but for some reason on the mobile version of the site, the embeds are turned into raw text.

Hey @playability,

I also check your desktop view and I couldn’t replicate the design you’ve posted. This is what I see.

Since we couldn’t replicate the issue, we can’t troubleshoot it properly.

Thank you.

Thanks for checking my website. In my browser it looks like in the screenshot below, but it’s useful to know that it doesn’t work universally.

Is there a suggested method to build a carousel / slider with embedded tweets in X Theme? Is it better to use Modern Sliders or one of the plugins packaged with X like Soliloquy?

Thanks,
Julian

Hey @playability,

Would you mind sharing your credentials so that we can check your setup properly? The purpose of checking your setup is to check if there’s something we can do to make it work. To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Alternatively, you can use our bundled plugins like Essential Grid to display your Twitter data.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your suggestions, Peter!

I tried to use Essential Grid, but ran into the same problem. I put a Twitter embed into a post to populate the grid, and while it looks fine in Chrome on MacOS, I can’t get it to work in Chrome on Android. Here’s the post: https://playability.de/ezra

Anyway, I sent you my credentials in a secure note, and would appreciate it if you took a look.

Thanks,
Julian

Hey Julian,

If you want to show your Twitter feed using Essential Grid, you need to follow this tutorial.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the link to the tutorial, but that doesn’t really answer my question, since I’m not trying to embed a Twitter stream but a curated set of tweets that aren’t even from my own Twitter account.

My main problem is that the standard embed code that I get from Twitter by clicking on the menu and selecting “embed” is rendered correctly in some browsers and not in others, independently of whether I put the embeds in a slider, a standard post, or a grid.

Could you please take a look at the site and find out what’s preventing the embeds to be displayed correctly?

Thanks,
Julian

Hey Julian,

I check your homepage testimonial slider and I found out that each slider has a script for coming from Twitter. Please keep in mind that you only need to add 1 script and it is not advisable to add the script inside the body. That being said, I suggest that you remove all the script in your slider and add it in the header part. To do that, you need to use and install this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/insert-headers-and-footers/ then add the script in the header.

I also tried to add your Twitter embedded code to my development website and it is working fine on the mobile view.

Please keep in mind that integrating 3rd party is outside the scope of our theme support. We are just guiding you how you can achieve it properly. If you encounter any problem, you may seek with 3rd party developers or you can avail One where we can answer questions outside of the features of our theme.

Hope that helps and thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.