Turn ethos homepage into editable template

Hi X Team,

I would like to turn the ethos homepage into a template that can be set under edit page > page templates.

I’m not sure where to find the php file for this homepage.

Basically I want the template to be exactly as ethos homepage appears, but in the white space below the sliders, including the ‘filter by topic’ to be editable in cornerstone. (so keep header, nav, slider, sidebar, footer, but instead of filter by topic and blog posts below that, i want that part to be editable in cornerstone)

I understand that I need to customize, but if you can point me in the right direction, especially with which files that would be great. Thanks!

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Please understand that Ethos homepage is just a blog index page. Everything you have there is hard coded to display the blog index or any page that is assigned as your Post Page in Settings > reading > Front page display.

Regretfully you can not have this as a page template and be able to edit it in Cornerstone. The blog index or any page assigned as a Post Page cannot be and will not be editable in Cornerstone or even with WordPress default editor.

Hope this helps.

Hi thanks for the response.

My question re-phrased… how can I get the ethos blog page slider (the big one) to appear the same on a regular ‘page’?

When I inspect the slider it says ‘flex-slider’ … i don’t see this as an addon, is it the rev slider or the layer slider?

Thank you

Actually I found this:

Which I think will work… only thing is… since that post, this file has moved:
wp-content/themes/x/framework/views/ethos/wp-header.php

where would I find that file now in the latest x-theme?

Thank you!

Hi there,

It should under this file now \wp-content\themes\x\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\ethos\wp-header.php

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.