Trying to update, getting PHP error or white screen

Trying to update my site, cjd.rocks
I keep getting this error
/home/thecjdrocks/public_html/wp-admin/includes/menu.php on line 255

And, or a white screen

Hi There,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

Thanks.

see secure note

I also lost my widget side bars during one of the X updates, is there a way to recover them?

Updated, now I’m getting this message:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 49152 bytes) in /home/thecjdrocks/public_html/wp-admin/includes/media.php on line 1730

Site is down!

and now this:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /home/thecjdrocks/public_html/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/slider.class.php on line 73

then:
home/thecjdrocks/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/elements/class-element-manager.php on line 130

Updating this theme is fatal

Hey There,

The fatal error is because of PHP memory limit exhaustion. I have edited your wp-config.php file and added this:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Please check your site again.

You are a rockstar! thank you

I noticed in Godaddy I had the option of updating my PHP to 7. something, is this something you guys recommend?

Hi there,

Yes actually, the best version is 7.1 at the moment as it is fast and modern. Version 7.2 is out this month but it is too new and we do not recommend to go for it at the moment. But in general, definitly 7 is better than 5.6.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.