Trying to trigger a click to open Lightbox

Im customising my ligthbox links to create a dynamically generated deeplink for each lightbox item. I am 99% of the way there, the only issue im having is triggering the lightbox to open when opening the generated url in a new window. I have searched the forum and used varitations of $('.esgbox').trigger('click');
It works to the point that custom javascript that is meant to run only when the lightbox is open, is triggered and messages are sent to the console, but the lightbox itself doesnt open.

Hello Vanessa,

Thanks for writing to us.

The feature that you want would require custom development. I would suggest you contact a developer who can assist you with your concern. Please note that we don’t provide custom development support. It is out of the support scope.

In case if you have an idea about custom JS coding please have a look at this thread for reference.

Thanks for understanding

Hi Prakash,

I understand the limit of support but like I had said, I had seen on the forums providing similar support.
I appreciate that thread you sent and while I have had a read, it doesn’t seem relevant to essential grid modals.

Thanks,

Hi Prakash,
I’ve thought of another idea - would you know or be able to tell me which element is linked to the opening of the lightbox modal. Im triggering a click on ‘.esgbox’ which is a class a button on the grid skin, which does get clicked to open the modal, which is why all subsequent scripts I have listed to run when the lightbox is open work. But i’ve determined, ‘.esgbox’ musn’t be linked to the action that opens the lightbox itself.
Thanks

Hi Vanessa,

It is not clear what exactly you are trying to achieve here. Do you want that the respective Essential Grid modal to be open while accessing the URL with the # link value? If that is the case, regretfully that is not possible as Essential Grid does not provide any such options.

But what you are expecting can be achieved using custom development which is beyond the scope of Theme Support, I would suggest you hire a developer who can assist you to do the customization or you can avail of our newly launched service called One, where we answer the questions beyond normal theme support.

Thanks

Hi Tristup
I have used your One service and the response I received was also that its out of the scope of support. I am a developer and will keep persisting without support from theme.co
Thanks.

Hello Vanessa,

I have checked your One support ticket. Regretfully what you want to do is beyond the limitations of the plugin thus, will need a recode of the plugin’s feature or will need a completely new custom function. I have added your issue as a feature request so that the developers of the Essential Grid plugin will be made aware of that function that you are looking for.

Best Regards.

Hi Ruenel -
I agree that this should be a feature as I have seen alot of people request this behaviour to be able to customise the lightbox deeplink. Thankfully, I have found the solution myself and been able to have this functioning on my site. Hopefully it will be added in the future.
Thanks.

Hi Vanessa,

Glad that you are able to find the solution.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.