Trying to set certain sections to be expandable

Hi! We have a parallax page and are wanting to set certain lengthier sections to be displayed maybe 400px high with a “View More” button which then expands the entire section to reveal all the content. I found the following code on one of your other posts here: https://theme.co/apex/forums/topic/hide-and-show-section-on-button-click/

jQuery ( function( $ ) {
$(’.section-expandable’).css({ display: ‘none’ });
$(’.section-trigger’).on( ‘touchend click’, function( e ) {
e.preventDefault();
$(’.section-expandable’).css({ display: ‘none’ });
$( $(this).attr(‘href’) ).toggle(‘show’);
} );
} );

I added this to Global Javascript, then added an id “photos1” to the text section I want to control the height of, and made the class “section-expandable.” I then created my button with the Href set to "#photos1# and made the button class “section-trigger.” What’s happening is that the text section is completely collapsed and the button doesn’t open it at all. So:

Question #1: How do I control the height of the text section, and Question #2, is it possible to have my button then expand the full text section?

Thank you so much for any assistance!!! You guys have THE BEST support and knowledge base ever!!

Hi there,

Regretfully this isn’t a feature offered by X and Cornerstone. It could be possible with custom development, but this would be outside the scope of support we can offer. We do have an in-house custom development team that offer paid services, who may be able to assist. They can be contacted at [email protected] if this is of interest to you. If you have any further questions about the theme, we are more than happy to provide you with assistance on these inquiries.

Thank you for your understanding.