Trouble with Recent Posts Element

I hope to build a static home page using Cornerstone, but I run into this problem with the “Recent Posts” element (see screen shot). I suspected the problem came from not enabling Cornerstone for my posts. So, I tested this by re-posting one of them using Cornerstone. Same result though. See http://philhulettandfriends.com/home. The fourth post is the one I re-posted using Cornerstone.

I suppose I could strip all of the add-ons from the posts and confine them to widget areas…I’ll experiment but I’d love to hear thoughts from anyone who’s encountered this and was able to overcome the issue.

Thanks

I tried a bunch of things today. Nothing helped. Please add your thoughts about how I can make this module work. Thanks

Hey,

Thank you for writing in!

To investigate it better, can you provide to us your WP credentials?

I left a secure note in my reply to myself. Hopefully you can see it as secure note was not available with your reply. Thanks

Hello There,

The given credentials is not working for us. The username is invalid.
Could you please double check it?

Meanwhile, please make sure that you inserted a featured image in each of your post. In the recent post element, please try to enable or disable the “ignore sticky post” option. I also noticed that you are using an older version of X. Please update it to the latest version.

Please let us know how it goes.

I’ll send another secure note momentarily.

Hey there,

The Recent Post element accepts Featured Image only and could not get an image from other sources such as an image from RSS. Please upload a Featured Image.

There’s no option to reduce the size of the Featured Image and right justify it. You can hide them though by adding this code in X > Launch > Options > Global CSS

.single .entry-featured {
    display: none;
}

Thanks.

Hi there. Take a look at http://philhulettandfriends.com/home and scroll down to the third entry. I added the featured image as you suggested. Is that the expected behavior? It’s a 256px image blown up well beyond the borders of a much bigger frame, and there’s no text from the post other than the title. When I cursor over the image it goes back to the orange field and the icon that seems to suggest there is missing content. What am I missing?

Honestly, I’d like to be able to just pull the 2 most recent posts…including the text, inline photo, and audio player. it seems like an easy enough task. Is this “Recent Posts” element capable of doing this?

Addendum: So what I did is hand code the way I want it to look. Scroll to the bottom of the page (/home) and you’ll see parts 1 and 2 of the most recent podcast episode. I’d rather not hand code it each week…but if that is the most elegant solution at the moment, I will go with it. I’d love to get your thoughts.

Thanks

Phil

Hello Phil,

Thanks for updating in! Please be advised that recent posts elements will display boxed post items either vertically or horizontally. In each display, it will always be image on top and the title and post meta below. There is no post content included.

When you hover the image, it will show you the icon which symbolizes which post format belongs to. The icons ranges from standard post, image, gallery, audio, video, etc. For further details about post formats, you can check it here: https://codex.wordpress.org/Post_Formats

You can find the demo of how the recent post elements works from this site: http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/shortcodes/recent-posts/

If this doesn’t help in your layout, maybe this 3rd party plugin could help you: https://wordpress.org/plugins/display-posts-shortcode/

Please let us know how it goes.