Trouble with Envira Plugin in X v5.2.3?

Hi,

I’m merely reporting here, as I’ve seen other folks on various threads talking about problems with the Envira plugin. In case it helps identify or narrow down an issue, here’s what I experienced…

I updated X successfully yesterday (10/27/17) to 5.2.3; no problems at all. Today I tried to install Envira for the first time from within the X dashboard, No bueno. The plugin installed, but when I tried to activate it, I got a PHP error and had to delete the envira plugin directly via FTP to even be able to access wp-admin. I just needed a simple image gallery for one page, so switched to installing Essential Grid. That worked like a charm.

BOTTOM LINE: my experience suggests to me that there’s something wrong with the Envira Plugin and the new version of X.

4 Likes

I agree. All my sites using a current installation of Envira come back with a license error. I haven’t seen the 500 error I’ve seen described on some other threads as I’ve not tried to install it from scratch.

It’s a problem with X. Themeco knows about it and they said they will “address in the next release” (which would have been 5.2.3) but it appears that it was not fixed in 5.2.3.

I am currently on Envira 1.6.1.7 with X 5.2.3 and that combination does work (without changes to functions.php as mentioned below).

You can read more about how to fix it yourself temporarily here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/envira-gallery-is-blocking-my-back-end-wordpress-access/12313/6

FROM ENVIRA:
"You are using X Theme. X Theme seems to have had a bit of outdated code that was designed to hide Settings and Addons pages from users using Envira. In order to remove the old code, please add the following to your theme’s functions.php:
function xenvira_gallery_remove_license_functionality() { return true; }_

_Once this is in place, you can update without issue. Thanks so much."

@Stella_Luca

Thanks for helping here.

For now please use the temporary fix and this issue will be addressed in the next release.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, there is now an issue with the old version of Envira as well. 1.6.1.7 used to work until the X 5.2.3 update.

Now, when I edit any gallery and select “Update”, the wp-admin menu disappears and I get a white screen for 30 seconds to 3 minutes or so.

This is getting to be a real pain!

Envira 1.6.1.7 with X 5.2.3 here, same license issue here.

Here is the current error with X 5.2.3 & Envira 1.6.1.7:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class ‘Envira_Gallery_Shortcode’ not found in /www/wp-content/plugins/envira-gallery/envira-gallery.php:692 Stack trace: #0 /www/wp-content/plugins/envira-gallery/envira-gallery.php(630): Envira_Gallery->_get_galleries(true, ‘’) #1 /www/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/elements/classic/_alternate/envira-gallery.php(23): Envira_Gallery->get_galleries() #2 /www/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/classic/elements/class-element-base.php(58): CS_Envira_Gallery->controls() #3 /www/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/classic/elements/class-element-base.php(72): Cornerstone_Element_Base->load_controls() #4 /www/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/classic/elements/class-element-orchestrator.php(283): Cornerstone_Element_Base->model_data() #5 /www/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/elements/class-element-manager.php(91): Cornerstone_Element_Orchestrator->getModels() #6 /www/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/elements/class-element-man in /www/wp-content/plugins/envira-gallery/envira-gallery.php on line 692

And here is the error (that can be commented out in functions.php) from either version of X and Envira 1.7.x.x:

Uncaught Error: Class ‘Envira_Gallery_License’ not found in /www/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/global/plugins/envira-gallery.php:30 Stack trace: #0 /www/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(298): x_envira_gallery_remove_license_functionality(’’) #1 /www/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(323): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #2 /www/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /www/wp-settings.php(451): do_action(‘init’) #4 /www/wp-config.php(87): require_once(’/www/wp-setting…’) #5 /www/wp-load.php(37): require_once(’/www/wp-config…’) #6 /www/wp-admin/admin.php(31): require_once(’/www/wp-load.ph…’) #7 /www/wp-admin/edit-comments.php(10): require_once(’/www/wp-admin/a…’) #8 {main} thrown in /www/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/global/plugins/envira-gallery.php on line 30

I have this problem, too.

Envira support is working on mine right now. They are usually pretty fast so hopefully…

Envira says, “We are wrapping up testing the fix for these and a couple of other things, if all goes well today we’ll be pushing out a release tomorrow and I can certainly let you know so we can update and revisit this for you.”

Thanks for sharing this news. Hopefully they can release the update anytime soon.
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

I had a similar problem with Pro:

Excited to make use of the new WPML features for the header, I went through all available updates this morning.
Unfortunately, that didn’t sit well with Envira Gallery (backend inaccessible) and a roll-back somehow left my lightbox not working.

After ages of working on it, I managed to revert to an old backed up Envira Gallery version (1.6.1) via FTP and the “stability release” (1.1.1) of Pro. After quite a bit of hassle my site appears to be fully functional.

I really hope this gets resolved soon — as a photographer, Envira has been my bread and butter for over two years.

Hi Stella - did Envira get back to you regarding a fix? Also, were they offering it as a fix for all X and Pro users, or just yourself.

I’d be interested to know, and I dare say 1,000’s of other Themeco users would be too.

This has now been going on for far too long. Aside from the websites I maintain I now have three clients that are getting restless… That really isn’t good…

S

Hey @SomethingWonderful,

I’ve submitted this to our issue tracker and personally communicated the developers so that they will be made aware of this issue and take action to release an update sooner.

Please bear with us.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.