Trouble with Cornerstone

Hi there. I recently purchased X and trying to set it up. My problem is that Cornerstone keep breaking the site no matter the way it is installed. At first X informed me that it couldn’t install Cornerstone automatically and I needed to do it manually. The error details mentioned file permissions which I doublechecked with my host too. We did a chmod and reset all files to 644 and all directories to 755. When I try to install from the plugin installation in Wordpress, the plugin installs succesfully and after activation this error immediately appears on every page of the site:

Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/definition.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/local/apache/htdocs:/tmp:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/share:/etc/xml:/etc/pki:/usr/bin-safe:/home:/home2:/home3) in /home/hasmik/L471Z5T0/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/classic/elements/class-element-orchestrator.php on line 218

Then the only way to deactivate it since it breaks the wordpress navigation, is to navigate to wp-admin/plugins.php and deactivate it from there. I’ve even tried installing it from FTP. I can provide login credentials if necessary. The site URL is hasmik.dns-systems.net at the moment.

Thanks,
Theo

Hi Theo,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please try deactivating Cornerstone plugin and then delete it from your Plugins section. Then head over to X -> Overview section and wait for few seconds to automatically install the latest version. After that, try testing your Cornerstone plugin and see if that resolves your issue.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

I had tried what you’re suggesting multiple times before posting in the support forum. The problem persists. I even reinstalled wordpress and X, double checked permissions with my host, problem was recreated. So it’s nothing to do with my installation I think.

Update: The site is now here and the problem persists: hasmikmatevosyan.com/hm

Hi there,

Please check this https://www.templatemonster.com/help/open_basedir-restriction-in-effect-filex-is-not-within-the-allowed-paths-y.html

It’s configuration related, and you may also contact your hosting provider to fix and allow open_basedir.

Thanks!

The error is gone, this came from the host in case anyone is facing a similar problem:

Thanks for your E-mail. I have suppressed the error by modifying class-element-orchestrator.php on line 218 which should solve the problem. I added an ‘@’ character in front of the file_exists() function on line 218 to suppress the warning if the file doesn’t exist. The open_basedir warning was being generated as it was trying to open a file outside of your home directory.

Glad you were able to resolve the issue :slight_smile: